Skystar 2 - TVserver service VS Setup4PC / Server4PC (2 Viewers)

defcon5

Portal Pro
April 16, 2006
Barcelona (Catalonia)
Hi "MPmens"

Did you know than Technisat software (Setup4PC / Server4PC) can´t live together with Tvserver service?
From I am using Tv server I warned the little green/red (world) icon at Toolsbar was missing.
I think is not important but I use Progdvb and sometimes program say me "Skystar2 not found". I would like to comment here.
Anybody has noticed this issue?

dareh

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Alcalá de Henares
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hola Defcon5 , I've had the same problem, but installing the bda driver 4.4.1 , you don't use the setup4pc, and in my opinion the card works better, no more analog card instead of dvb-s problem, and faster channel change.
The only problem is that some dvb softs doesn't recognize the card with the bda driver, but I prefer mediaportal and since I have made it work with the plugins I need ;) there is no problem.

Dareh.

defcon5

Portal Pro
April 16, 2006
Barcelona (Catalonia)
Hola dareh
Thanks for your advice
I´ve installed the Skystar 2 Beta drivers, but no BDA drivers
My OS is xp sp2 and think than BDA drivers is for MCE, isn´t is?
Is recommended install BDA drivers for MP/TVserver with XP?
days ago, I proved install BDA drivers and I warned a difference:
while normal drivers XP recognize like a Network card, BDA drivers were recognize like a Devices sound, games. Is this normal? Will run fine with MP?
with my DVB drivers MP change between channels in 2 seconds same DVB card and 4 seconds jumping between differents cards (more or less)
I use Progdvb for "gardeners affairs"only

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yeah totaly agree will all the above points BDA drivers seem much better. Im running XP Pro SP2. All Good. Had funny problem tho where I had to remove all cards from MP when using TVPlugin otherwise blue screen, bug analisys pointed back to the BDA driver. Good luck

dareh

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Alcalá de Henares
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hola defcon5 with bda change between channels of the same card is less than 1 second for me and between cards more or less 4 seconds.
About gardening, changing is faster too, but I am still testing this.
I'm not able to make the bda work under progdvb, but dvbdream works very well.
I think the rest of the dvb programs will be giving suport for bda as it is the standard to come.

Saludos
Dareh.

ammm

Portal Pro
January 3, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hy dareh, i was able to run ss2 with bda drivers in progdvb 4.81.1 using someting like bda dvb-s device!
By the way I'm experiencig this problem, on resume from hyb closing MP when wathcing tv i get BSOD....
Do you have ever seen a BSOD?
bye
ammm

defcon5

Portal Pro
April 16, 2006
Barcelona (Catalonia)
Thanks Rhys
Are you recommend me, unistall DVB drivers and install BDA driver for improve behavior of Skystar 2 on MP?

ammm:

and install Progdvb v 4.81 or upper?

will it work fine with both programs?

Now, the solution is disable Tvserver service and then get run Progdvb

ammm

Portal Pro
January 3, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
dareh
you have to go to settings menu, device list and start bda dvb-s (or similar) device instead of skystar2

defcon5
I'm using fine both mp (standalone not tvserv er) and progdvb with bda drivers!

I suppose also greater versions than 4.81.1 works fine with ss2 bda, but I haven't tryed

bye
ammm

defcon5

Portal Pro
April 16, 2006
Barcelona (Catalonia)
@amm

I am using Skystar beta drivers, so..

I will made this, rectified me

1 - Uninstall software skystar 2 (setup4pc/server4pc)
2 - Uninstall skystar 2 card from windows
3 - Install skystar 2 car with BDA drivers sited in folder BDA of Beta Software Skystar2
4 -Install software skystar 2 (setup4pc/server4pc). after reboot
I will see in driver like a "Device sound,video, game"

.. and after this process I´ll get to work fine with Mediaportal and Progdvb 4.81

I´m waiting for your ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom