Slim TV Client, Crashing (1 Viewer)

Chippy100

October 28, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have an issue with MP2 Slim TV Client crashing on my HTPC, I have the Server and Client installed and all was working OK initially but now playing live or Recorded TV I get a crash!
All other MP2 options work.

I have 2 other PCs on the same network and they can play Live and Recorded TV with no problem via the HTPC MP Server.

I am new to MP2, I instlalled after loosing WMC on W10 upgrade.

Chippy100

October 28, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
FIXED ! :)

The problem was worse than originally posted.:( All video refused to play not just the SlimTVClient.

I tried re-installing MP2 but every time the problem remained, crashing as soon as I tried to watch recorded or Live TV. What I could not work out is how after re-installing, MP2 still new where to find the Video files and also the settings for my DVB Tuner.(n)

A bit of hunting around on my C Drive and I discover this... "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal" which was not being removed when I uninstalled. I the unistalled MP2 and then manually deleted the folder, Installed MP2 again and all now works(y).

I did have some problems deleting the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal" as I think the TV Client Log programme was locking one of the files.

Feature Request....Please provide a "Clean Install Option" so that ALL files are re-placed on reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom