SlimTV plugin - where is the problem (2 Viewers)

Luka

Portal Member
February 24, 2012
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Hi,

I'm user of MP1 and IP TV.

Working all nice with. Today i downloaded MP2 Alpha and than installed SlimTV plugin within these steps:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/MediaPortal_2_Alpha_Release/3_Additional_Plugins
I'm using Win/ 64 and in my services I see that TVServer 1.2.2 and TvHome Core service is running.

I also copied SlimTVClient under plugins, so I see SlimTVClinet available in my MP2 menu.

But after click on it, nothing happend. I just get back to home screen of MP2.

What am I doing wrong? I also tried to re-register tsreader.ax.

Notice, that iptv in MP1 works fine...

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you running separate Client/Server? Have you gone into the MP2 Client Config section and entered your TVHome IP Address?

Luka

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Running on same PC and I don't find any TVHome config under Settings--Plugin...there is no TVHome plugin...

Ok, I found something interesting. After copying SlimTv4HomeProvider directory (from 7z plugin) into my MP2-clinet/plugin directory and I start MP2 it crashes...

After deleting SlimTv4HomeProvider directory form mp2/plugin folder, MP2 starts normaly...

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Running on same PC and I don't find any TVHome config under Settings--Plugin...there is no TVHome plugin...

Ok, I found something interesting. After copying SlimTv4HomeProvider directory (from 7z plugin) into my MP2-clinet/plugin directory and I start MP2 it crashes...

After deleting SlimTv4HomeProvider directory form mp2/plugin folder, MP2 starts normaly...

Are you sure that you have only the TV4Home provider in the plugin folder and not the MPExtended provider aswell? Because it is mentioned in the slimTv thread, that this does not work.

For the config part, start mp2, go to settings, plugins, tv. There you can add the informations to your tv4home service.

Luka

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Are you sure that you have only the TV4Home provider in the plugin folder and not the MPExtended provider aswell? Because it is mentioned in the slimTv thread, that this does not work.

Hm, MPExtended...i think, I don't have. There's no folder named like this. What I do was:
    1. Installed MP2
    2. Downloaded MP2_SlimTV_Plugin.7z and extracted directory
    SlimTvClient under MP2-Client\Plugins\ and
    SlimTv4HomeProvider under MP2-Client\Plugins\

In this case, if I start MP2 I can't do anything, it just crashes.

Where should I put SlimTv4HomeProvider? In MP2-Client\Plugins\ or in MP2-Server\Plugins\ folder?

For the config part, start mp2, go to settings, plugins, tv. There you can add the informations to your tv4home service.

No mather which folder I use (MP2-Client\Plugins\ or in MP2-Server\Plugins\ folder) I don't have this settings under plugins...

What am I doing wrong....

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hm, MPExtended...i think, I don't have. There's no folder named like this. What I do was:
    1. Installed MP2
    2. Downloaded MP2_SlimTV_Plugin.7z and extracted directory
    SlimTvClient under MP2-Client\Plugins\ and
    SlimTv4HomeProvider under MP2-Client\Plugins\

In this case, if I start MP2 I can't do anything, it just crashes.

Where should I put SlimTv4HomeProvider? In MP2-Client\Plugins\ or in MP2-Server\Plugins\ folder?

No mather which folder I use (MP2-Client\Plugins\ or in MP2-Server\Plugins\ folder) I don't have this settings under plugins...

What am I doing wrong....

Do u have MP1 TV server running? It need for MP2 tvclient. All TV configuration are in MP1 TV server as before in MP1.
    Furthermore you can only have one provider in your MP2-Client plugin folder

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/slimtv-plugin-watch-tv-in-mp2-incl-pip-support.106231/

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My two cents worth: I had to delete TV4home installed previously and reinstalled via the link on the SlimTV instructions. All then worked. I am not sure what changed but might have been an older version of TV4home?
    Neville

Luka

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Ok I'm lost...

In my MP2-Client\Plugins\ folder I have two folder added from 7z:
    -SlimTv4HomeProvider
    -SlimTv4Client

...and all other folder which came with MP2 installation. I didn't install nothing else.

And still, when I opem MP2 it crashes immediatly. I can't even open settings->plugins-> tv

But If I remove SlimTv4HomeProvider (delete folder from plugins folder) than I can open MP2. I get SLimTV on my "HOME" list, but nothing happend if i clikc on it...and also I don't have TV option under settings-plugin.

Can someone please carefully read what I wrote and tell me what I'm doing wrong...

Luka

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    As I wrote before:

• TVServer of MediaPortal 1.2 or later - can be installed on same PC running MP2 (singleseat) or any other PC (multiseat)
    ----Installed and IPTV is working with MP1
    Installation:

• Unzip the contents to folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins", that's all.

-------In my MP2-Client\Plugins\ folder I have two folder added from 7z:
    -SlimTv4HomeProvider
    -SlimTv4Client

So where is my mistake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom