Slow Motion?? (2 Viewers)

speedypancake

Portal Member
January 3, 2006
Hi guys. I'm new here and recently treated myself to a Hauppauge Nova -T freeview TV card for Christmas. I've been playing around with some "media centre" software and really like the Media Portal V1.3 (the latest V2.) test release doesn't seem to find any channels for me :(...

anyway, I've got it working reasonably well, piped through to the main TV in the living room with a S-video cable but... the picture on the TV always seems a bit "slo mo".. it's as if some info is missing. And when scrolling titles appear, they seem a bit jerky?

Our PC is a Compaq Presario Pentium 4, 2.66GHz, with a Radeon 9200 128MB graphics card. I really don't have much else on the PC apart from Windows XP, Media portal and all the recommended progs and codecs. Anyone suggest anything to speed up or improve the performance??

TIA
Speedy

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Hi,
I just got a nova-t few days back and it seems to work fine for me. Although I'm fairly new here I've done plenty of reading up and think you may need to do the following. I put a second hard drive im my htpc and use it for recrding to. Does playback look better with timeshifting off? If so would def recommend another hard drive for recording. Also are you using version 0.1.3 or a 0.2 rc2 version of mediaportal as you list both!

speedypancake

Portal Member
January 3, 2006
[snip] ..Does playback look better with timeshifting off? If so would def recommend another hard drive for recording. Also are you using version 0.1.3 or a 0.2 rc2 version of mediaportal as you list both!

Hi - I'm using V1.3 (couldn't get 0.2 to work)...
Time shift doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.. and it's not really noticeable on movies or recordings, just live TV. I'm planning to get a second hard disk too (300 - 500GB), to keep all our media on, but I have to see the whole TV thing working properly before I go to anymore expense on this. From what you say it's working for you. Maybe I should try uninstalling the Hauppauge software the card came with?? :?

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
I got the latest hauppage drivers from their homepage. Also I'm using 0.2 rc2 so bit different setup to yours. Would recommend persevering trying to get 0.2 to work as it seems quite an improvement! Timeshifting only affects Live TV as its recording tv stream data to the hard drive! Probably get 'shotdown' by some expert in a minute for giving wrong info but this is all I know! :?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

speedypancake

Portal Member
January 3, 2006
Thanks guys - here's my log.. Note I'm running my system on reduced resolution but it doesn't seem to help?! My graphics card has something called the "ATI Control Centre" which seems to offer lots of scope for tweaking settings.. if I knew what to do.

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 (2005-07-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP1)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.66GHz
Memory: 255 MB
Motherboard: MS-6575 (MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge NOVA-T
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Radeon 9200 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Live TV looks different from existing freeview box / aerial reception. Seems "slower" and scrolling credits / titles look jerky...

pihrt

January 30, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I have the same problem but with different card (Pinnacle DVB-T PCI Pro Dual).

Motion (FPS) is very slow when watching Live TV. No timeshifting and no recording used. It is noticable specialy on titles or some moving info line with news.

So whne you will find some solution it will be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom