1.23.0 Slow rendering times (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's not consistent. and when I do alt-tab (to start some cpuz or something) most of the time the problem disappears, so it's really hard to diagnose.
    Also tried madvr renderer but that didn't work for me...
    Memory is something I didn't check the last times, it's worth a shot.
    Although (to keep my marriage working :) ) I disabled the 24Hz in DRR for now.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm despite my good hopes, today it happened again... now with tv (50Hz). previous channel did require a refreshrate change, and played good, but 2nd channel (not requiring the change) had lots of dropped frames again. Vaguely remember rendertimes were normal(ish) but not sure about that.
    Opening taskmanager to check memory (nothing strange) and latencymon (not even started scanning) solved the problem...
    To be continued...

Edit: checking the logs for anything different between the good and playback didn't reveal anything

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Wanted to share i've also had a coupe of occurrence of the issue described in this thread, and for me, it happens rarely.

HTPC usage is a few hours every evening, quit MP each evening before putting HTPC to ACPI S3 sleep state.

If it happens again, i'll see if i can set logging = debug and generate zip file etc.

My system is

CPU Intel Core i3
    16Gbyts DDR4 RAM
    ATI HD5570 GPU ( running ATI catalyst 13.12 )
    OCZ vertex 120GB SSD OS
    Intel 1Tbyte SSD recordings
    12Gbytes RAM disk for TV live TV timeshift disk
    Hauppauge HVR-2200 dvb-t tuner
    OS = Win 7 ultimate x64, completely upto date
    LAV filters with dxva2 hardware decdoing.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Finally got around to testing a different videocard...
    Unfortunately no real conclusion, the nvidia geforce 710 also has issues playing 24p, and sometimes also with 25p...
    Tried various settings of hardware acceleration in LAV but there's no golden combi to play it all smoothly.

So all in all I reverted to my onboard intel haswell and disabled 24p again.
    Only thing I could do is a complete fresh install, but that is for a different time

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    so, after a full evening of creating a fresh windows installation (with win7-64bit) the problem still persists.
    I guess I have to learn to live with it...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Why not Win10?

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    For me Win10 better than Win7... ;)

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From memory (it's a long time ago now!) when I did all the work on the dshowhelper.dll (running Windows 7), using DRR to switch to 24Hz could sometimes result in the 'long render time' problem you describe. Despite many hours spent trying to work out what was happening and trying various workarounds I gave up with that problem in the end - it looked like something went wrong sometimes inside the OS DWM (desktop window manager) when switching to low refresh rates like 24Hz using DRR. From what I remember 50 <-> 60Hz changes were normally OK.

My advice - switch to Windows 10 (I think the display handling is better than in Win 7), and don't use DRR unless you really need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom