Slow to start time shifting and to change channels (1 Viewer)

norkmeister

Portal Member
February 11, 2009
Hi,

I've just got back from holidays and found my HTPC very slow to start time shifting and to change channels. As I have been away the only changes could have been MS updates. Once time shifting starts it works fine. I've been delving into the logs and have found the TV-Service.log is typically taking 8-12 seconds to find and allocate a card and some times up to 20 seconds.

Looking back into past logs I can see that it was typically taking less than 100ms for the same process. It all seems to have gone bad some time on the 13th around 18:30. I've attached the last two logs. I am not sure how to produce the config/log dump that people seem to always submit to the forums and can't find a pinned topic on how to do it.

There are no errors in the TVService-Error.log that correspond with the slowness.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you'd like other logs.

Attachments

• TVService.zip
    735.3 KB

norkmeister

Portal Member
February 11, 2009
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I had the same issue as the post you linked and did what was described several weeks ago.

I have also tried excluding the whole C:\Program Files\ Team MediaPortal and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal folders instead of just the log subfolder. I already had the Recorded TV and Timeshifting folders excluded. In the case of the linked post, my whole setup slowed down. Even selecting a recording to delete was painfully slow.

Now it is just the timeshifting and channel changing which is slow.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Something seems to be scanning the TV service. Make sure you've covered both TV Server and MediaPortal.

norkmeister

Portal Member
    February 11, 2009
    Something seems to be scanning the TV service. Make sure you've covered both TV Server and MediaPortal.
    Aha! I found it. I had excluded the MediaPortal.exe and TVService.exe files, but not the processes. I have now added them to the exclusions for MS Security Essentials under the processes tab and it has fixed the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom