sluggishness of MP0.7.1 when in network (1 Viewer)

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
Okay well there is an easy way to check. Make sure you have debug logging on, reproduce the issue, then post your movingpictures.log and mediaportal.log files. I will take a look and should be able to pinpoint whats causing the slow down.

here they are

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can also confirm a longer mediaportal startup time since installing MP0.7.1.

Like you said originally fforde, the first time starting took a long time (I thought it was hung). After that, I still notice a longer than previous builds during startup at the 'Loading windows plugins...' screen.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    After looking at your log arryo, I think you are right, Moving Pictures may be the culprit. I am afraid there is no short term solution but in the future we consider perhaps running our startup logic asynchronously so that MediaPortal can go ahead and startup, even though initialization processes for Moving Pictures are still pending. This however would mean that in the GUI you would not be able to access Moving Pictures until the initialization has completed. This is a sticky issue though. The startup processes are important, they maintain the integrity of the database. So I am really hesitant to allow other logic to run before initialization has completed...

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    After looking at your log arryo, I think you are right, Moving Pictures may be the culprit. I am afraid there is no short term solution but in the future we consider perhaps running our startup logic asynchronously so that MediaPortal can go ahead and startup, even though initialization processes for Moving Pictures are still pending. This however would mean that in the GUI you would not be able to access Moving Pictures until the initialization has completed. This is a sticky issue though. The startup processes are important, they maintain the integrity of the database. So I am really hesitant to allow other logic to run before initialization has completed...

i was wondering why the version 0.7.1a doesn't have this problem. Maybe you could debug all the new features added from that version

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hrmm, there really shouldn't be much of a difference between those two versions. Maybe for some reason your sort meta-data is getting rebuilt every time. When you launch in the config screen does the progress bar pause for a particularly long time on any one task when using the official 0.7.1?

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    Hrmm, there really shouldn't be much of a difference between those two versions. Maybe for some reason your sort meta-data is getting rebuilt every time. When you launch in the config screen does the progress bar pause for a particularly long time on any one task when using the official 0.7.1?

yes, the progress bar pauses for pretty long time than it should be when starting up, but switch back and forth between tasks i think its' normal

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I wondered what that was. I have the problem too with .71 - I don't restart MP often so I hadn't noticed, but even after .71 is installed and it's restarted a couple times it's slow.

I'll post my logs when I get home tonight, the more the merrier I figure.

Boiler

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    same issue here. just upgraded to 0.71 and now everytime i access moving pictures config it takes several minutes to launch

and when i start mediaportal, it hangs when 'loading windows plugins" for several minutes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom