sluggishness of MP0.7.1 when in network | Page 4

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by arryo, February 19, 2009.

1. arryo

arryo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    yes 0.7.2 rocks, bluray and hddvd works perfectly fine too

Now waiting for more features coming (including search and logos option)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sclaws
    • Premium Supporter

sclaws MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm having sluggish browsing in flimstrip mode with 0.7.2. I followed the instructions for using a centralized database (which works fine) but MP is very stuttery when browsing thru my movie library. I have just under 500 titles, and have tried setting the bkgd image loading option to 500ms, but no change.

FYI I have one system (for my daughter) that does not share the database, rather has its own local db for kid movies only...performance is fine there. My network is wired gigabit w/cat-6 throughout...no playback issues with BD iso's or any other media. Not sure what to troubleshoot or any settings to try to smooth things out.

4. arryo

arryo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    this problem comes back with MP 1.01. The waiting time in the plugins screen is approx 2 minutes (not sure if it's normal or not), I have about 500 movies (all from network). I will post log later today when i get home

edit: log attached

5. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have this problem when the server which hosts the files is down. I have to wait for minutes before it timeouts and moves on.

6. barabbas

barabbas Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I have both problems with MP, startup takes forever (server and client running on XP, both X2 3000+, about 450 movies on an internal Gbit LAN, database on client side) and when it starts, browsing is sluggish and stutters. I am using 0.7.5. Is this solved or still an issue? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!