SMPEditor crash (1 Viewer)

themoid

Portal Member
September 3, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys
Last week i reinstalled Windows, and put on the latest MP and StreamedMP version.

When i try to set up StreamMP i get the msg that SMPeditor is not working.

Can someone advise what I need to do to identify what the issue is please (are there crash logs somehwere ?)

Thanks
Stu

Redgie

Portal Member
February 5, 2010
Having the same problem, an empty "SMPEditor-Error" log is created each time I try to load the editor, which results in an "SMPEditor has stopped working" message.

If I now access the plugins section of MePo configuration, I:
"An error occured while loading the plugin StreamedMPEditor.formStreamedMpEditor. It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded."

I also can't then watch anything using TV Series, though Moving Pictures still works.

I've just reinstalled MePo from scratch and done nothing but install StreamedMP.[DOUBLEPOST=1413292420][/DOUBLEPOST]Ahh, it seems the problem (For me at least), was a bit simple.

On the download page on the MePo website. The HUGE GREEN download button obtains an old version, whereas the small link gets the new one. The new version seems to be working.

*Sigh*

ArdrichF

November 7, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
I had this problem too, but for me it was my Anti-Virus causing the problem. Disabled it and Editor opened again.
Also, Mediaportal.exe and Configuration.exe never actually close, when I close them in Windows 7. They stay open in memory - check Task Manager and see if they are still open.
I always have to manually close in Task Manager, very frustrating, and will also cause the problem you describe.

Richard Farmer

February 2, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah I made the mistake of downloading the old version using MP 1.10. Working great with the proper download. I had been using the Titan skin and was happy with it, now with version 1.10 of MP they removed the skin editor. I like to be able to add Moving Pictures and MP-TV series to the main menu, rather than having to go through the plugin menu. This skin gives me back that ability, plus it is a good looking skin with some nice customization options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom