SMS Style filtering in list view? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

In MovingPictures it is possible to filter the list using sms input on the remote control, you spell the name as if you are typing a text message. As additional characters are input, it keeps performing matches on the characters entered against any part of the entries in the list.. I love this feature for large lists rather than the default first letter matching.

Is this currently already possible?

Thanks!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I'm surprised the filtering isn't available already.. its so good. Thought after all this time if its not been added, I'd better ask for :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Noticed the Jira entry says this is now fixed :) Nice. Does it filter the list like in MovingPics now or just navigate to the first match it finds?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In MovingPictures it is possible to filter the list using sms input on the remote control, you spell the name as if you are typing a text message. As additional characters are input, it keeps performing matches on the characters entered against any part of the entries in the list.. I love this feature for large lists rather than the default first letter matching.

Nope, only the default jump to letter as designed by MediaPortal.

Support for SMS filtering might be done at a later date but there were no immediate plans.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Nope, only the default jump to letter as designed by MediaPortal.

Support for SMS filtering might be done at a later date but there were no immediate plans.

Fixes for this have been included in MediaPortal 1.7.0. However, they do not automatically work in MovingPictures. In fact, what happens is not clear to me. If I am in 'all movies' list view, and hit '3' on my remote three times, I see the attached. It seems to be doing some filtering, but I can't spot the pattern.

Attachments

• 07-51-35.png
      07-51-35.png
      1.5 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You're misunderstanding the movingpictures functionality, there is a setting in MovingPictures to enable SMS filtering (keyword here is filtering).

If you press '3' this corresponds to 'DEF', so any movies with those letters will be displayed. You can keep going and press '3', '2', '3' and it should show you movies with 'DEAD' plus whatever other combinations that provides. 3=D, 3=E, 2=A, 3=D.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    You're misunderstanding the movingpictures functionality, there is a setting in MovingPictures to enable SMS filtering (keyword here is filtering).

If you press '3' this corresponds to 'DEF', so any movies with those letters will be displayed. You can keep going and press '3', '2', '3' and it should show you movies with 'DEAD' plus whatever other combinations that provides. 3=D, 3=E, 2=A, 3=D.

Perhaps there is something weird going on then, because not all of those titles have all of the letters D, E and F in them, but many of my other film titles do, so it isn't clear to me what is being filtered.

I'll have a look at the docs and see if I can work out what is happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom