buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey all,

I'm a long time MP user, but this particular project isn't related to MP. However, I wanted to go ahead and share. Enjoy!

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its a shame ripping those good old electronics out of the SNES and put some modern dirt in it :-D

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Very nice video and of course also a nice project. Well done!

Why did u use a core i3?
    Edit: Just watched part 1, there its explained!

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    Very nice video and of course also a nice project. Well done!

Why did u use a core i3?
    Edit: Just watched part 1, there its explained!

Yeah - if I would have used a Core i5 or i7, I doubt I would have been able to properly cool the proc in such a small enclosure. Plus I don't need a powerhouse of a computer. Thanks for the kudos.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Interesting project, I like it.

But why did you use i3? it appears a bit overkill for just SNES emulator.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    Interesting project, I like it.

But why did you use i3? it appears a bit overkill for just SNES emulator.

If you watch Part 1 I explain that. Basically, it's for Hyperspin, the front-end menu. The Core i3 barely managed to run it with smooth framerates, and I had to disable some of its features to get it running smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom