soft phone support (1 Viewer)

gotrootdude

Portal Member
March 24, 2005
Would be great if you could integrate a SIP soft phone, such as xten xlite in MP.. http://www.xten.com/

Can be used with a variety of VOIP companies, or integrated with home PBX systems such as Asterisk..

Cojo

Portal Member
September 1, 2004
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'll second this one.
And with a webcam you could also make video calls with sip. That would be realy nice.

ZeroX

Portal Pro
October 26, 2005
Karlstad
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: soft phone support

Fripsy will continue programming the skype plugin.
Also with Videocall support
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/skype-plugin-2012/index31.html#post598714

Skype is not the same as SIP.
I have as many others a complete digital phone system running an Asterisk and several SIP (VoIP) phones. these are not skype compatable and you can use them with several telephonie suppliers.

I third the motion for a integrated SIP client

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

• Article
Ok, thanks :)
Ok, thanks :)
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4.1 MediaPortal 2.4.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
Replies
Views
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application for e.g. the .ts (or any other image, video or audio) file to MediaPortal, or via the File Explorer context menu 'Open with' as other media players can (e.g. JRiver). Currently all that happens when using...
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
Replies
Views
To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems with Mediaportal2 and both have been fixed quickly by forum members. I am very impressed by both the forum and the quality of the Mediaportal2 package. Keep up the good work and thank you to all that...
To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems...
Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
Replies
Views
Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider it in the web version in future!
Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider...
Hi, i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom