[Solved] - [1.4.0.0] - Error Starting Playback - Unspecified Error (1 Viewer)

PhilUK

Portal Member
March 27, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am having issues with my onlinevideos 1.4.0.0 install within MP 1.3 Beta. When I try to play videos on iPlayer, 4OD etc. I get the following error after it attempts to buffer. NB: It doesn't even begin to buffer, just sits on 0% then the following appears after 20-30 seconds.

"ONLINE VIDEOS
ERROR STARTING PLAYBACK
UNSPECIFIED ERROR"

I was getting the error intermittently last night so updated to SAF 6.1.8 this morning in an attempt to do something about it (and cure an unrelated HD stutter I had). However, it now gives the error all the time, no matter how often I attempt to play the file.

I have attached log files (from MPUrlSourceSplitter.log) containing the data written when attempting to playback from 4OD and iPlayer. (From pressing OK to play to pressing OK on the error message in both cases).

Hope someone can help! If you need any more information, let me know.

Cheers,
Phil

Attachments

• iPlayer Playback.txt
    173.1 KB
  • 4OD Playback.txt
    82.8 KB
Last edited:

PhilUK

Portal Member
March 27, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
From logs is clear that even simple operations take too long. Do you have any antivirus or firewall solution? If you have Microsoft Security Essentials, set it as posted in this forum.

Thank you so much! That has solved the issue of buffering, now I'm just back to trying to get rid of this HD stutter!
Thanks again!
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different pieces of software that claimed to do like you said: keeping the DA-convertors "alive" by sending a non-audible signal periodically. Turned out this was NOT the thing happening in my AV-receiver. While...
Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different...
I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
Replies
Views
https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5078 and added to the next release of MediaPortal
https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5078 and added to the next release of MediaPortal
Hi there, Every now and then, when playing a video no image is rendered. The audio plays fine, but the screen stays black. Not...
Replies
Views
For me not ;) -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
For me not ;) -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
Description: After a resume from sleep the Radio Time plugin will no longer play any radio stations and gives the error shown in...
Replies
Views
I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:): TVC 6.4.8 Download (pctvsystems.com) My English translation: I didn't test it because I already switched to another TV card (so I found this piece of information to late) but maybe this can help others...
I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:)...
Hello Yesterday, I updated my computer running MediaPortal Client and TVServer (and also occasionally providing another laptop...
Replies
Views
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom