[Solved] IMDB trailers not working any more and some youtube vids not working (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ... If there is any document that better explains how i can do it myself, that would be great too. Thanks for the prompt response on the above issue.

There even is a video of me creating a site, did you see that?

Edit: ketv should be possible. Is the http://www.ketv.com/news/video page the only one with videos?

Last edited:

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i tried following your video which for the record was extremely helpful in getting me to understand what your supposed to do with each tab. i am having serious trouble though because i can not find any link/url/location of the actual video file. Please help! the only videos i want are the ones on that page, the regularly change as is expected, they are the current news.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just checked, and they are indeed hidden pretty well. I'll take a stab at it

Edit: This is harder than I would have imagined. To get to the url of the video, some hash has to be calculated, and I don't know what the base of that calculation has to be... Sorry

Last edited:

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    OK, so I did an update on my sites and the IMDB movie trailers issue is now sorted : -) , however the youtube 'no URL ' problem is still there. Any ideas?

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    i am really not a lot of help as i do not know coding past the little web dev that i do in my free time. though the following sticks out in my logs everytime it fails to load the youtube videos... is there no information that can be gotten from the similar issue you saw in the past?
    27-09-2012 12:16:26.401 [ 2d8] [{75A39A72-D0B0-4C4C-A75C-0BCF2C34A905}] [Verbose] MPUrlSourceSplitter_Protocol_Http: CurlDebugCallback(): received HTTP header: 'HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    '
    27-09-2012 12:16:26.402 [ 7e0] [{75A39A72-D0B0-4C4C-A75C-0BCF2C34A905}] [Verbose] MPUrlSourceSplitter_Protocol_Http: ReceiveData(): HTTP status code: 403

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    I will need to run my logs and take a look, but it seems strange that certain videos will work one day but not the next. I can only assume that the video URLs are being changed in some way on their servers.

Was just interested to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    it sounds like there were some HERE though there is no information hinting to a possible solution. if there is anything i can run or do let me know, i am sorry that i am not able to help examine the issue.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Was just interested to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
    I also have the youtube 'no URL ' problem. Yesterday when I wanted to see Gangnam Style ;) , no video worked ('no URL' problem). Any Youtube video I tried (even non-Gangnam) gave me 'no URL'... So I came here this morning and found this thread.

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    Just playing with ideas. Around the same time that youtube started having these issues, the mobile app on my mobile devices was also having issues of videos not playing. And it looks like the Mobile App got its last update Yesterday, which now works flawlessly. Assuming that the app uses the API as well, it would seem that they made a major change that is causing this issue. might there be some board somewhere that would lend word of the changes that were made? I know in the past weeks google has been working on integrating youtube more uniformly into there authentication system, it seems a little related since we are seeing the "Forbidden" entry in the logs.

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    YouTube should be fixed now. They require a new parameter in the URL to allow access to the file.

Thank you! After a quick test everything seems to work. And hardware.info also works now! :)

Looks like it might be fixed. found this post in another thread. I will check when i get home from work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom