[Solved] IMDB trailers not working any more and some youtube vids not working (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
YouTube should be fixed now. They require a new parameter in the URL to allow access to the file.

Thank you! After a quick test everything seems to work. And hardware.info also works now! :)

Looks like it might be fixed. found this post in another thread. I will check when i get home from work.

Did that thread say whether or not we need to do anything, or has the URL parameter change been sorted from youtubes end?

scotstrength

Portal Member
February 5, 2008
Prague
Interesting i just did a clean reinstall and ended up with all the same problems as above.
It originally manifested when i was in moving pictures and i couldn't access most of the trailers i was looking for, nothing unusual movies, like Taken or Armageddon, just not found.
Went directly into Online videos and had the same problems there as well with the first 3 windows - top 10, most watched etc not displaying anything except unable to find URL.
I still have the issue and have reinstalled online videos as well as ran the update.
It kind of defeats my trailer ability in moving pictures now.
And things were working so well!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And without a full set of logs from a bad run we will not be able to help you. Because it surely works here.

scotstrength

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    Prague
    Yeah i ran out of time today, the wifes back and the tv is on so it won't be until tomorrow before i can post anything.
    Will uninstall, delete folders and do another update before running the logs and post them in the morn.

Cheers

scotstrength

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    Prague
    So i uninstalled Online videos, cleaned out any left over folders and reinstalled Online Vids (version 1.3) and prepared for the bug report.
    Loaded up MP went to Online Vids first and did an update, checked the first 2 or 3 folders there - top 100 movies etc - where i get the wording:
    "error getting category videos"
    This doesn't happen for all of the category's, forthcoming movies was fine for example.
    Went into moving pictures and went to the movie Taken, clicked on trailer button on the left and it once again could not find the movie.
    It says: "error getting video details"
    Exited MP went to IMBD direct via firefox searched for Taken, found it and played trailer, puzzling indeed.
    Yes Online Videos is enabled and yes some videos do play, has left me at a loose end so to speak.
    I have attached all the logs from the above procedure and would appreciate any insight into this problem.
    Thanks again

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom