Solved - Moving pictures - custom menu, filter view for kid movies (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @juro, that is why inside MovPic config you have the option to quickly view what movies are filtered out and shown inside MediaPortal. I have ended up with an empty list often as well, and it always turned out to be something I overlooked.

If you are talking about the default categories/filters, and they are empty, then perhaps you have another filter active that is getting used at the same time.

So if MovPic config shows the movies when you use the "View Results of this Filter" button inside the Filter editor, and MovPic GUI comes up blank, then you have another filter active. Use F9 -> Filters to correct that.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @juro, that is why inside MovPic config you have the option to quickly view what movies are filtered out and shown inside MediaPortal. I have ended up with an empty list often as well, and it always turned out to be something I overlooked.

If you are talking about the default categories/filters, and they are empty, then perhaps you have another filter active that is getting used at the same time.

So if MovPic config shows the movies when you use the "View Results of this Filter" button inside the Filter editor, and MovPic GUI comes up blank, then you have another filter active. Use F9 -> Filters to correct that.

Sorry RoChess, both are empty. I did a clean installation (Data base). It Also seems, that i don't have any other filter active. I also have a crah in the configuration, id i selct a movie and send this to the importer?! In the past I did have not any problem with that, I don't know with Moving Pictures version the problem came up. Using the update tool there is an older version of MP available, during the installation I get an error message .. :-(

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @juro, then it sounds like your database is corrupted. Rename/delete the DB3 file (do not rely on any backup) and launch MovPic config (use shortcut to make your life easier without the need for MediaPortal config). Configure something really basic, like point import path to a folder containing 1 or 2 movies and let those import quick. Adjust any other settings you can not live without and close MovPic config. Then verify if it works inside MediaPortal GUI.

Once that works (as it should), rename/delete the DB3 again and then set it all up again, but with the full import path(s) for your entire collection.

If it then still fails (was not clear if you actually did it like this), then you got some major issues going on, outdated DLLs or something. You would have to provide debug enabled log files, and be sure to keep your setup bare/basic, as debugging is much easier then.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi rochess, as I treid to explain I did exectly this test. I configured nothinh all standard settinbgs with a clean data base and a test folder. Result no movies in the "new movies" categories

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @juro, ok then it is debug log file time, because they will tell us exactly what is happening and what is going wrong. Be sure to configure MediaPortal in verbosity debug log mode, as otherwise the log files do not contain everything. And be sure to recreate the entire issue inside the log files. Each time you start MediaPortal new log files are created, but it does remember the 'last' logs, but just keep that in mind, as you could accidently erase the log files that contain the clue.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi ro chess, i did several tests, when i created manually two files, rename then, the I see the movies under "new movies" using older moviews, which I ad to the movie db I don'see them under new movies?! Is the rule really based on date added to DB, or file created date?!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It is based on the setting you used, look in advanced settings what you configured. This is all explained in wiki btw.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is based on the setting you used, look in advanced settings what you configured. This is all explained in wiki btw.

Sorry but whre in the wiki? Do you mean this page: http://moving-pictures.tv/wiki/Main_Page ?

I tried to find required information but I did not find it. I also found nothing in the advanced settings where to configure date added options

Thanks in advance
    Juro

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I also found nothing in the advanced settings where to configure date added options
    You didn't look hard enough!

Attachments

• added.jpg
      added.jpg
      86.6 KB

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ltfearme,

indeed, sorry for that, but believe me I spent hours to find this, and I obiously did not see it

Many Thanks

BR

Juro

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom