[SOLVED] MP TV-Series crashes on import due to interference from Antec VFD MediaInfo.DLL (1 Viewer)

jws

November 4, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I've tried everything I could find in the forums. I replaced the mediainfo.dll in all places found on my system. I don't have a VFD display, i used regdllview and interestingly when I did a search found nothing for mediainfo at all. I also tried regsvr32 and got the entry point not found error as if it's not registerable. I witness the same spinning/hanging during random times in import wizard. Attached is my verbose logging.

I really appreciate your time if you could point me in the right direction. I'm on win7 64bit and using the latest version of MP-TVSeries.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Do not enable SQL logging until asked to do so.

And provide *ALL* log files, as the core issue might not be MP-TVSeries, but something else. Also make sure to reproduce the problem so that the log file captures it, and explain in detail the steps you took.

jws

November 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Thank you for your response. I have attached all log files, apologize if you only wanted certain ones.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Clicked empty on details tab to clear database
    2. Clicked on start import wizard and see 233 new files found (233 displayed). All are in green and look good.
    3. Clicked next
    4. Series is found (Friends 79168) and I leave action to Approve
    5. Local Filename Processing says 233 files processed and has green check, Reading MediaInfo of local files stopped at 1 of 233 files this time (sometimes it goes longer, but the longest is about 16).
    6. Matching series has a green check as well with 1 series processed.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @jws, sorry you still need to enable MediaPortal configuration debug log mode verbosity. The SQL debugging logging before was over the top, but debug logging is still required to get the details to fix the issue.

PS: Cleaning out log folder first of the old files would be appreciated.

jws

November 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Good morning.

I'm hoping I followed your instructions right. I changed verbosity to debug in mediaportal configuration. I cleaned all logs and then repeated the steps identically to my last post. Log is attached, it was the only one in the logs folder.

Thanks again!

p.s. It hung at 9 of 233 this time. I notice a quick flash of a mediaportal splash screen when it crashes everytime. Not sure if that helps you or not. I also noticed a lot of subcentral errors in the log. I installed that plugin a couple of days ago and the errors went away, but the hanging behavior remained so I uninstalled again. I can reinstall and send you that log if needed.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you launch MP-TVSeries via MediaPortal configuration, then you should include the configuration.log file as well. All I see from this is that 233 files successfully imported as per final line of:

2013-11-05 09:07:15.522 [DEBG][07]: Update of MediaInfo complete (processed 233 files)

And are you using any type of existing db3 file to start with, or did you delete/rename the actual db3 database file and start fresh proper?

jws

November 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok, I deleted TVSeriesDatabase4.db3. I ran MP-TVSeries from mediaportal configuration with clean logs and it did produce 3 logs attached. Interesting about the error log for sql lite not finding SQLLoggingEnabled table. Not sure it matters though.

Thank you again.

jws

November 4, 2013
    Home Country
    SOLVED: I re-installed MCEBuddy and the import no longer crashes. I noticed some flaky behavior in MCEBuddy after re-installing and seeing it stable again I wondered if it had any effect on the import. It certainly did. Hope that helps someone out there.

RoChess I really appreciate your time and patience with me, take care.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The item I was going to brting out is that configuration.log complained about:

[2013-11-06 08:20:19,917] [Config ] [4 ] [WARN ] - Failed to locate assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.86.0.518, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73'.

Not sure if that relates to your MCEBuddy mishap, but I personally never like warnings like that as they could lead to unexpected hard to resolve issues elsewhere.

Veel plezier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom