[solved] MP1.4/1.5 - MCE Remote, Win7 Ultimate, Only some buttons working. (1 Viewer)

johnoxy

Portal Member
June 13, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the link, i had actually read that one.

I have had some success though. I started wondering why i had two ehome tranceiver entries in the HID devices list. I decided to unplug my IR rceiver and rebooted to find an ehome entry there.
What i did was find my tv card entry in 'sound video and game controller' and uninstall it including deleting the drivers. When i rebooted there were no ehome tranceiver entries. I plugged my IR receiver in and that was it!
I suspect i was having the same issue as you, the tv card mapping a port or something like that.

Almost all buttons work now. My only problem is that the green button won't start up MP which is not a big problem as i have it set to open on reboot.

Do you know if there is a file/registry entry that would have the green button entry in it so i can check it out?

johnoxy

Portal Member
June 13, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Actually i don't think so, i just looked in windows task manager after i started MP and it wasn't listed in the processes or applications list.

I opened the mptray log in the mediaportal directory and it is full of entries stating: MPTray: Another instance of MPTray is already running.[DOUBLEPOST=1382328714][/DOUBLEPOST]I found the exe, it was in the following directory, is this correct?

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\aca474b1-fc9f-4be3-a4f7-30f0ac3f5d96\0.0.0.3\BackUp\%Base%

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually i don't think so, i just looked in windows task manager after i started MP and it wasn't listed in the processes or applications list.
    This sounds like it could be the culprit.
    Did you click "show processes for all users"?
    Normally there should be an icon in the taskbar if it is running...

johnoxy

Portal Member
    June 13, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    and it crashes when i open it[DOUBLEPOST=1382328816][/DOUBLEPOST]yes, checked all users and it isn't there[DOUBLEPOST=1382328940][/DOUBLEPOST]Should i have installed MPTray? I assumed it was bundled with MP. There is no icon either

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't actually know, but I'm pretty sure it gets "installed" with MP... which just means MPTray.exe is copied to the MediaPortal install directory and scheduled to run at system start (by putting an entry into the system registry). If I were you I'd check for MPTray.exe in your MP install folder (typically c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal ... Program Files (x86) on a 64 bit OS). If it is there, post your log files using the watchdog tool:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

johnoxy

Portal Member
    June 13, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks, i'll try that tonight.

I noticed i have MP Tray Launcher installed, should i uninstall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom