[SOLVED] Need Help Please with TV Srver (1 Viewer)

chris4824

Portal Member
February 9, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
ok.. so here is whats happening.. So if i tune a channel say any channel like 40 for the first time audio and video works fine. Then if I press stop and start the same channel again I get no audio.. If i start another channel I have audio and I can go back to the other channel (40 in this test) that didn't have audio it again works fine.. This happens ever time and repeats.. Is this a known bug? Please tell me what logs if any you need to try and help me solve this problem.. I have a trying but not having any luck..

Thanks
Chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Chris :)

ok.. so here is whats happening.. So if i tune a channel say any channel like 40 for the first time audio and video works fine. Then if I press stop and start the same channel again I get no audio.. If i start another channel I have audio and I can go back to the other channel (40 in this test) that didn't have audio it again works fine.. This happens ever time and repeats..
    Okay.

Is this a known bug?
    No.

Please tell me what logs if any you need to try and help me solve this problem.
    All of them! :)
    Please use the watchdog tool to reproduce the problem:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

In short:
    1. Use the debug mode link in your start menu to start MediaPortal.
    2. Go to the TV section.
    3. Start channel 40.
    4. Stop channel 40.
    5. Attempt to start channel 40 again and let it error out.
    6. Start channel not-40.
    7. Change to channel 40.
    8. Close MediaPortal.
    9. Post the zip file which was created on your desktop.
    mm

chris4824

Portal Member
    February 9, 2014
    Home Country
    Awesome instructions and thank you for the quick reply.. here is the logs.. only I had already started channel 40 so when i first started it there was no audio like the description in my first post.. So I started channel 40 (no audio) then channel 41 (with audio) and then channel 40 (with audio) and stopped and try channel 40 again and no audio..

chris4824

Portal Member
    February 9, 2014
    Home Country
    yes.. I have tried every video and audio codec combo I have and still nothing.. I am updating my tuner drivers now to see if that helps but it works fine in Nextpvr and sagetv so idk..[DOUBLEPOST=1391989662][/DOUBLEPOST]nope.. that didn't help..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

chris4824

Portal Member
    February 9, 2014
    Home Country
    Didn't work.. I have reinstalled klite codec pack and reset all codec to default. reinstalled mediaportal. installed ac3filter and still doesn't work. playing the live3-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts files in another player plays no audio either so its like the audio isn't getting recorded..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Gotta say I'm stumped. That is very strange.
    Are you able to upload a short (30 second recording) that doesn't play audio. I'll try to find some time to analyse it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, thanks Chris

It looks like that is a timeshift file rather than a recording. In any case, it appears to contain an audio track. The audio track is silent for me here using VLC on Linux (at work).

Does this problem only happen with specific channels (eg. channel 40), or would you be able to reproduce the problem with any channel?
    I ask because I see there are slight differences in your tuning details for channel 40 and 41.

Ch# 40
    [2014-02-09 17:00:26,146] [Log ] [26 ] [DEBUG] - card: user: Chris-PC:3:-1 tune tv:40 Freq:0 Channel:40 Country:United States Tuner:Cable Video:Tuner Audio:Tuner

Ch# 41
    [2014-02-09 17:00:41,284] [Log ] [12 ] [DEBUG] - card: user: Chris-PC:3:-1 tune tv:41 Freq:0 Channel:41 Country:United States Tuner:Cable Video:Tuner Audio:Automatic

Note the audio source is "tuner" for ch 40 and "automatic" for 41. Normally I'd recommend to specify the audio source (ie. use tuner not automatic), but maybe your tuner works better with the automatic setting.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom