[SOLVED] Need Help Please with TV Srver (1 Viewer)

chris4824

Portal Member
February 9, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
sorry for the late reply, had to watch The Walking Dead, and then it was time for bed lol.. Thanks for all your help.. The problem happens with any channel I was just using 40 cause I am a SiFi freak.. but I have tried other channels as well.. I edited the source on channel 40 trying to get it to work and thats why it is set to tuner instead of automatic but that didn't make a difference.. Is there anything else I can try?? Am I able to disable timeshift to rule that out?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there anything else I can try??
    I wish I could say there was, but I just don't know what is going on here. Based on the provided sample timeshift file it seems like your tuner is not providing audio to TV Server so in turn TV Server cannot provide audio to MediaPortal. I don't know what would cause this. It seems especially strange to me that other software does not have this problem. :confused:

Am I able to disable timeshift to rule that out?
    No. Timeshifting is just writing the stream to the tuner to the hard drive and then reading it back from the hard drive... so it wouldn't help even if you could do that.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Ok.. I could not help but to look into a few things.
    While I am not a Dev and MM is Very good, It appears to me that there might be other issues resulting in the problems.

System Event Viewer: (btw: Clear the logs after you read thru them, they go back 2 years)
    you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:'TVService'

Application Event Viewer: There is more in these but you need to look thru and clean it up
    "2/9/2014 4:37:37 PM";"MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS";"Logon";"FailureAudit";"Login failed for user 'sa'. [CLIENT: 117.21.227.15]";"3221243928"

"2/9/2014 4:21:54 PM";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: SetupTv.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException

Stack:

Server stack trace: at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.GetCurrentState(Boolean refresh, Boolean& unattended, Boolean& disAllowShutdown, String& disAllowShutdownHandler, DateTime& nextWakeupTime, String& nextWakeupHandler) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

chris4824

Portal Member
    February 9, 2014
    Home Country
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and suggestions and am glad to say that I solved the problem.. For those that may have similar problem I'll explain what I did.. Very simply I reinstalled my tuner drivers.. I know that I said I did before but what I thought was an updated driver I guess didn't like my tuner card so I tried my original and its working like a champ.. As for the "Application Event Viewer" that was me updating sql and the tvserver could not log into it while it was updating.. and the SetupTv.exe did hang at one point when I was trying to fix this so had to kill it.. Thank you again for the fast replys and trying to help.. Could this thread be marked solved..[DOUBLEPOST=1392082690][/DOUBLEPOST]edited the title myself.. didn't know I could that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom