(Solved) Problems with installer of StreamedMP (1152 Error Extracting) (1 Viewer)

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just did a fresh install of Windows 7.
    I made a backup of Mediaportal through the backup plugin (in TV service). With MP re-installed I restored the backup.
    It also restored StreamedMP skin, but somehow the fonts aren't the same.

My guess was that the StreamedMP installer also installs a font. So I download StreamedMP again, but when I try to install I get the following error:

1152: Error Extracting
    C:\users\erik\etc etc....msi to temporary location

I downloaded the installer again, this time through an other browser (didnt trust IExplorer). Still the same error.
    Downloaded the installer through an other computer, but still the same error. Tried renaming the installer, also didnt work.

Looked the error up in this forum and Google. Only thing I found was an article which suggests that my temp directory is full, which it isn't (about 50 GB free).

Are their any other solluttions to this problem? Or can I restore the font in an other way (and also change some other setting like the amount of rows in TVguide)?

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Problems with installer of StreamedMP (1152 Error Extracting)

I thought maybee its because I restored a backup of an other MP install. So I uninstalled the whole lot.
    Installed MP again, but StreamedMP still wouldnt install.......

Downloaded an earlier version of StreamedMP (1.7.3....) and this one installs just fine.
    So the problem is solved for me, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the installer itself (the lasted version that is) or my system.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Nothing has changed. Are you sure your temp folder was not full? It does not matter how much free space is on drive, there is a limitation on how many files can be created using api

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I emptied the temp folder in which streamedmp was trying to extract the .msi. Did this a couple of times even. Temp folder was already not that full ( i dont know the limit but it was less then 100 MB).

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its based on number of files actually. I think 65K.

Anyway, if you installed 1.7.3...then you should be able to upgrade to 1.7.4, I cant see any reason why you would get the same issue.

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Updating worked alright.

Tried testing the 1.7.4 installer on an other pc with Mediaportal installed. This time it's not a Win 7 but a Win XP system, but I get the exact same error.
    Not that I want StreamedMP on that system, MP is installed on that system just for some testing, but I thought you would like to know this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom