*SOLVED* - schedules direct plugin - tv server - unwanted channel numbering changes? (1 Viewer)

bd0426

Portal Member
January 12, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I apologize if I am being dense. I could not find any posts that mirror my issue, so I shall ask those in the know...

I have MP 1.5 set up. I am trying to use the schedules direct plugin for EPG data. I am mostly able to do so with the following caveat. When the SD plugin updates the EPG, it changes my MP TV server back-end channel numbers.

Here's the long version of how it happens.

I enter TV server config and scan for channels. (I am only using OTA channels via antenna). It successfully scans and numbers my channels correctly. As an example in my area the beginning of the lineup following a successful scan shows up as :

etc...

2001 is the main channel (2:1), 2002 & 2003 are sub channels (2:2, 2:3). The rest of the channels are scanned correctly and presented in this convention.

Once the schedules direct plugin grabs EPG data, it changes the channel numbers to:

essentially removing the 00x portion of the channel number. If I disable the plugin, all remains normal. This makes direct channel changing challenging, as well as WAF.

Has anyone else ran into this? If so, how did you resolve it?

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    In the advanced options tab, did you select Rename existing channels?
    if you did, un-check it
    SD.jpg

bd0426

Portal Member
    January 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Thank you for the suggestion. And so fast...

"Rename existing channels" is not selected.

In troubleshooting, I have also tried clearing the field above it for kicks to no avail.

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem with SD renumbering my channels.

bd0426

Portal Member
    January 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Unfortunately, no.

I have since let my SD subscription lapse and get my listings elsewhere. It would seem we are the only two struggling with this issue, or at least the only ones asking for help here in the MP forum. Perhaps it is due to our choice of OTA vs. cable/satellite, cable/satellite being more popular?

I contacted SD to get their take on it. They seemed to think it was a Media Portal problem, and offered to give me an extension on the service to help troubleshoot the issue.

Mayhaps we should compare setups and look for similarities and differences to help narrow down the problem?

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Well I have 1 dual tuner hdhomerun for local atsc channels and 3 hdpvrs for premium channels. I usually have to rename the atsc channels but the channels reverts back to the original channel number. For example, I have channel 11 from my stb mapped to the hdpvrs and 11.1, also channel 11 mapped to hdhomerun and renumbered to 3011. Unfortunately, 3011 bka 11.1 changes back to 11. I wish I could manually edit the xml or something to fix this.

What are you using for guide data?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Actually you can use the Import / Export function in the configuration, export the channels
    Make a copy of the export
    Edit the channel's however you want them to be
    Import the channels

Go into the SD plugin and turn off the Rename functions.
    It has been a while sense I did it but it does work.

I also agree that I wish someone would pick up this plugin and fix this and other functions.
    The SD web site has added a few new features that this plugin is missing

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I also agree that I wish someone would pick up this plugin and fix this and other functions.
    The SD web site has added a few new features that this plugin is missing
    Please make a list and try reporting them to @geoffstewart
    If Geoff can't help then if they're simple maybe I could look at them. No guarantee. I probably can't test due to being based in NZ, so complex changes will be out of the question for me.

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Excellent, I will give it a try. Will import overwrite the existing channels?[DOUBLEPOST=1395094917][/DOUBLEPOST]It didn't overwrite, I had to delete all of my groups and channels first. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    It reverted back to the original channels after I imported. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom