*SOLVED* - schedules direct plugin - tv server - unwanted channel numbering changes? (1 Viewer)

bd0426

Portal Member
January 12, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Almost two months later and all is good for sure. It is time to button this one up.
A big thank you to mm1352000 for posting a modified plugin to solve this problem.
Perhaps someone who could, might consider making this a sticky or include this information in the FAQ.

Thanks again, everybody.

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Does this modified DLL also prevent channel names from being auto-magically changed when running an EPG update from SD?

Thanks!

bd0426

Portal Member
    January 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi there. I'm not aware of that being a problem in this modified plugin, but I also wasn't aware of that being a problem with the original unmodified plugin either. Do you have the option on the 'Advanced Options' of the plugin options called 'Rename existing channels and logos to new name format' unchecked?

From what I understand and experienced, this modified plugin specifically addressed the channel numbers being changed when running an EPG update from SD.

If you do not have it checked, why not try out the modified plugin and see what happens?

Please post a reply with your findings, even if it all works out so others can find the info in the future if they have the same issue.

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi bd0426,

Yes, I have all of those options un-checked. I just installed the updated DLL, forced a guide update upon restart, restarted the TVServer Service, and as of right now, both the "custom" channel numbers and channel names appear to be sticking, but I'll follow up in a couple of days to fully confirm.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom