[solved] TV-Server crash after 2 minutes (1 Viewer)

Bellerophon

Portal Member
January 18, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello MePo-Community!

After many investigations and an own thread in the german forum I decided to create a thread in this area too. I noticed this problem with all MePo Versions since 1.1.x and it drives me crazy.

HW/SW specification
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1.0
Windows Version: WinXP SP3 (full patched)
CPU Type: Intel P4 @ 2,8GHz
HDD: -
Memory: 512 MB
Motherboard: -
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4670
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.1 (AGP)
Sound Card: OnBoard Realtek
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: -
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-HD-S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 2.126.28225.0
2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-CI USB (with irdeto CAM & ORF smartcard)
2. TV Card Type: -
2. TV Card Driver: 1.3607.26283.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffshow (SAF6)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: LAV (SAF6)
h.264 Video Codec: ffshow DXVA (SAF6)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
Remote: Hauppauge

problem description
I start MePo and navigate to the TV function. I can view all channels in my group without any problems. But when I stay for more than 2 minutes on the same channel and switch to a scrambeled one after that, the TV-Server crashes and the MePo Client freezes. I can still see the video and hear the sound of the channel for 1 or 2 seconds but then it freezes.

I hope you can follow my explaination and it isn't too wired. =) Maybe a timetable is more meaningfully...
Power On > FTA1 (01:30) -> PAYTV1 (00:30) -> PAYTV2 (01:00) -> FTA2 (01:30) -> PAYTV1 (01:30) -> FTA3 (02:30) -> PAYTV1 | FREEZE
As you can see I can switch to any channels as long as I remain on them only for less than 2 minutes. BTW, this is also the timetable for the LOGs I've attached so you can compare it.

Important point: This problem occurs since MePo 1.1.x! I've used MePo 1.0.2. months and years before and had never such a problem. Also when I install this old version of MePo again, I have no problem and can switch to all channels and it works perfectly - no crash and no freeze. But when I install any newer version (MePo 1.1.0 - 1.2.1) the problem comes back and it is always the same.

I've already tried following things...
* several new OS installations
* several fresh MePo installations (SQL, MySQL)
* different language settings (ENG/GER)
* different EPG Settings (current configuration -> see attachment)
* modified TSreader (v34)
* DVB Fix
* Timeshift folder on C: (with enough free space)
* many different Hauppauge driver versions
* different ATI driver
* different Smartcards
* Antivirus & Firewall disabled
* Firewire disabled

If you have any ideas or tips I should try, please tell me! MePo is on the the best software I know, but with this major problem/bug it isn't useful for me. ;(

Thank you in advance! Best regards, Bellerophon

p.s.: Here are some other examples from my german thread...
Power On > FTA1 (00:30) > FTA2 (01:15) > PAYTV1 (00:30) > FTA2 (01:59) > PAYTV1 (01:00) > FTA2 (02:01) > PAYTV1 | FREEZE
Power On > FTA1 (02:15) > PAYTV1 | FREEZE
Power On > FTA1 (01:30) > PAYTV1 (00:30) > PAYTV2 (01:00) > FTA2 (02:01) > PAYTV2 | FREEZE
Power On > PAYTV1 (04:00) > PAYTV2 | FREEZE

Attachments

• DVB_EPG.jpg
    DVB_EPG.jpg
    134.5 KB

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: TV-Server crash after 2 minutes

Try disabling EPG grabbing whilst timeshifting.

2011-12-08 10:46:34.281250 [(16)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Object '/4ce53150_2b5a_437e_b633_feb8a1104b43/ik3wnjoymx4ziohttdhey0p1_1.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.

Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.CheckDisconnectedOrCreateWellKnownObject(IMessage msg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.DispatchMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, IMessage& replyMsg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at TvLibrary.Interfaces.CiMenuCallbackSink.FireCiMenuCallback(CiMenu Menu)
at TvService.TVController.CheckForCallback()
at TvService.TVController.OnCiCloseDisplay(Int32 nDelay)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.WinTvCiModule.OnMMIClosed(IBaseFilter pUSBCIFilter)

That has happened around the time the EPG grabber kicks in.

Bellerophon

Portal Member
January 18, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: TV-Server crash after 2 minutes

Thank you DJBlu for your fast reply.

I've changed the EPG configuration like this...
attachment.php

...but the problem still exists. The option "Store data only for selected channels" under "TV Epg grabber" is also disabled and there are no channels marked in the list below. So I think the EPG function was completely disabled while the last test.

In the tv.log I could find following (known) entry...
Code:
2011-12-08 16:08:43.437500 [(13)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Object '/5f86b9c0_8391_4806_baeb_828b82285ef0/ol0nco5u+rqseirpv0fs2fey_1.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.

Server stack trace: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.CheckDisconnectedOrCreateWellKnownObject(IMessage msg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.DispatchMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, IMessage& replyMsg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at TvLibrary.Interfaces.CiMenuCallbackSink.FireCiMenuCallback(CiMenu Menu)
   at TvService.TVController.CheckForCallback()
   at TvService.TVController.OnCiCloseDisplay(Int32 nDelay)
   at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.WinTvCiModule.OnMMIClosed(IBaseFilter pUSBCIFilter)

Best regards, Bellerophon

Attachments

• DVB_EPG_2.jpg
    DVB_EPG_2.jpg
    77.4 KB

Bellerophon

Portal Member
January 18, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria

Of course, here you are...

The freeze happened at 21:55:05 when I switch to ORF1.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: TV-Server crash after 2 minutes

Hi Bellerophon

The issue is something to do with the WinTV CI and CI menu callbacks. It could also be affected by your CAM. Are you using the latest driver for the WinTV CI?

mm

Bellerophon

Portal Member
    January 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Yes, I'm using the latest WinTV-CI drivers -> 1.3607.26283.

Because you wrote that the problem has in any case something to do with this CI-Module or the CAM I started further investigations in this direction. I could organize some other CAMs (incl. Smartcards) today and I made a very interesting experience. With an older Mascom module TV seems to be functional without any problems! ôO

When I use this CAM, TV service works stable even if switch between FTA & PAYTV channels after 2 minutes...
    attachment.php

I did some stress tests in the last hour and could only reproduce the failure with my/this CAM...
    attachment.php

I can't believe that this is/was really the reason for the malfunction. The point that MePo 1.0.2 has no problem with my HW and also the CAM made me believe that it has to be a SW issue. *confused* Maybe MePo 1.0.2 has CI & CAM routines which are not so sensitive.(?)
    Anyway, TV is functional again and I'm very happy with this! :D

Thank you very much for your time & support!
    Best regards, Bellerophon

Attachments

• cam_irdeto_ok.jpg
      cam_irdeto_ok.jpg
      28.2 KB
    • cam_irdeto_not-ok.jpg
      cam_irdeto_not-ok.jpg
      23.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Bellerophon

I'm glad that you have a solution, however I still think this problem should also be solved in MP. I suspect that the reason that you don't experience the problem in MP 1.0.2 is that CI menu support was not implemented there. I'll have a look at the code and try to get back to you with a patch in the next week or so...

mm

Bellerophon

Portal Member
    January 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: [solved] TV-Server crash after 2 minutes

Ah, interesting - I've never noticed that MePo 1.0.2 has no CI Menu.
    If you need somebody to test, feel free & contact me. ;)

br, Bellerophon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom