[SOLVED!]Unclear MySQL connection problem.WinXP->win7 (1 Viewer)

Galaxy

November 10, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,

i'm using MP since years and really happy with it,but the last problem with MySQL make me crazy!
The Environment:

TV Server:

Win 7 Pro SP1 32 bit
Apache 2.2.21
MySQL 5.5.16
PHP 5.3.8
phpMyAdmin 3.4.5
MP TV Server 1.2.1 Final
Firewall off

TV Client 1:

Win 7 Pro SP1 32 bit
MP 1.2.1 Final
Firewall off

Working perfect: EPG, TV and everything I like!:D

TV Client 2:

Win XP Pro SP3 32 bit
MP 1.2.1 Final
Firewall off

This client do not show TV stream :confused: (MP Freeze without any error massage) but can connect to TV Server and show also the EPG data from mysql database!!!!

The logs of the client 2 a showing the problem. The client try to get connection with
user: “root” PS: “mediaportal”. But correct should be user:“mediaportal” PS:“mediaportal” :mad:
That is what I selected during installation of TV Server. The User “mediaportal” have all possible rights granted, so is like “root”.
I reinstall MP Server (with full uninstall) as well TV client 2 this don't work.:(
The TV client1 (win 7) work fine but the client 2 (Win XP) still freeze during the connection and have still wrong user-mane “root” and not “mediaportal”. But do it right in the moment were I ask for EPG data ( mysql database).

is it possible to change manually the user-name and password in MP client?
Or do somebody know what is going on with client 2 and MySQL?

Best regard Galaxy

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Unclear MySQL connection problem.WinXP->win7

Hi Galaxy

Check the connection string in the gentle.config file on client 2. You can find the file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (note: hidden folder, so paste the path into the Windows explorer address bar). Edit it in any text editor (eg. notepad) and look for the default provider section:

<DefaultProvider name="MySQL" connectionString="Server=[your server name here];Database=[schema name here];User ID=mediaportal;Password=mediaportal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300;" />

mm

Galaxy

November 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Unclear MySQL connection problem.WinXP->win7

Thanks a lot mm1352000!!!! I corected the ID and Now is working fine!!!!!

Best regards Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom