Operating System [solved] Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 - Hibernate restarts System, devcon does not work... (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    several ICH7
    This is not limited to ICH7 chipsets. My board has an ICH8 chipset and I've tried a (non Asus) board with ICH10 Chipset. All exactly the same behaviour. To be exact I've bought that ICH10 board to get rid of this, no luck...

What i am trying next is using the BIOS function to wake up by several events.
    Excerpt WakeOnLan there is nothing to try. The rest did not change any HTPC useful things. Ahh Power State after AC lost is something to look at. If you often have scheduled recordings it's better the HTPC starts after AC loss. So there are limited missed recordings.

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,
    thanks for your advice. That saves me some time :) The idea using State after AC loss is a good idea. I don't have many recordings at the moment, but this is a good
    idea setting this now for future use.

Indeed it is sad that even actual ICH10 Boards have this issue. Intel has to do better work on that. I wonder why they dont seem to care about this problem.
    But ok. complaining does not solve anything here :-D Me and my wife won't die if we first go to the box and press the button there for wakeup. :-D

best regards
    Carsten

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've tried another way by installing an discrete NEC USB controller card today. (Got one for free). There I can activate the eHome IR wakeup with no issues. No unwanted "reboot". So far so good, but... The USB controller card is not able to wake up PC at all... Nothing won this way, so uninstalled card again...

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The USB controller card is not able to wake up PC at all... Nothing won this way, so uninstalled card again...
    Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario.
    I think you have to enable wakeup on pci(e) in bios to get it working...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom