Some channels have no data xlmtv webgrab++ (1 Viewer)

jovan marshall

June 9, 2014
Castries, Saint Lucia
Home Country
St Lucia St Lucia
I'm using webgrab ++ as my grabber and the xmltv plugin. I have all channels mapped but only some have data (Those in white). the mapped channels that in green have no data but the tvguide.xml has data for that channel.

tvguide.xml and photos of xmltv settings attached

Can anyone help in solving this?

xmltv general.jpg xmltv Mapping.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Jovan :)

In your second photo there are green entries, which tells me you've created new mappings. After doing that you have to import again to get the data for those channels.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Process is:
    1. Open TV Server configuration and go to the XMLTV plugin.
    2. On the general tab, configure the location of the XMLTV file (the same folder must also contain XMLTV.dtd).
    3. Click import.
    4. Go to mappings tab.
    5. Select any group you want to configure, then click "load/refresh".
    6. Select the correct guide channel for each tuning channel.
    7. Click save.
    8. Repeat instructions 5, 6 and 7 for each group.
    9. Go back to the general tab.
    10. Click import.

jovan marshall

June 9, 2014
    Castries, Saint Lucia
    Home Country
    St Lucia St Lucia
    Thanks for your help.
    This is exactly what I've been doing. What I noticed is the channels that are green have (east) or (English) as part of the channel name.
    Any advice is much appreciated...

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Jovan,

I downloaded your tvguide.xml file and see the same problem. Channels that have ( ) in the channel name are seen when you try to map them with the xmltv mapping but do not save/load correctly. For example

WTVJ works
    Warner Channel (Venezuela) fails

I used notepad++ to edit tvguide.xml, did a global find/replace (Venezuela) with [Venezuela], the file saves/loads correctly MePo xmltv and the tvguide.xml file imports for channels with the () replaced with [].

attached is my new tvguide.com.ini file. I emailed this to the WG++ dudes but it is not in the official released version. It fixes the way channels are generated and you will need to generate a new channel file. Hopefully this will show up in the WG++ site in the next few days.
    http://webgrabplus.com/forum

You can also modify the channel generation code by adding the following 3 lines in red at the end of the channel generation code just before end_scope.

index_site_id.modify {cleanup(removeduplicates=equal,100 link="index_site_channel")}
    * replace ( ) in channels with [ ]
    index_site_channel.modify {replace|)|]}
    index_site_channel.modify {replace|(|[}

end_scope

@mm1352000 or somebody else with source code, are there known "reserved" symbols for channel names? I also saw this problem when I was using WG++ generated channel names. If I hack the channel names to remove () or replace () with [] and MePo xmltv code can use the WG++ generated names.

I renamed the tvguide.com.ini file tvguide.com.txt so I could upload it to the forum.

Attachments

• tvguide.com.txt
      16.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Ron

Thanks for investigating. :)

are there known "reserved" symbols for channel names?
    No, not for names. On checking the code I can see the problem with brackets, but it relates to the ID, not the name:
    Code:
      int id = (int)row.Cells["Id"].Value;
      string guideChannelAndexternalId = (string)row.Cells["guideChannel"].Value;

string externalId = null;

if (guideChannelAndexternalId != null)
      {
        int startIdx = guideChannelAndexternalId.LastIndexOf("(") + 1;
        // the length is the same as the length - startingidex -1 (-1 -> remove trailing ))
        externalId = guideChannelAndexternalId.Substring(startIdx, guideChannelAndexternalId.Length - startIdx - 1);
      }

When you load up a tvguide.xml you can see that the guide channels display as "<name> (<XMLTV ID>)".
    When the plugin goes to save the mappings it parses the XMLTV ID from that grid string.
    So, you can probably now see the problem with having brackets is due to the use of brackets in the XMLTV ID. There would be no problem if the name had brackets... but the ID is a different story.

mm

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I guess I was using wrong terms, but my notepad++ global replace of (Venezuela) with [Venezuela] works as shown. The WG++ ini file code change also modifies both the ID and Name. Bottom line don't use ().

Code:
    # original fails
    <channel id="Warner Channel (Venezuela)">
        <display-name lang="en">Warner Channel (Venezuela)</display-name>

# modified works
      <channel id="Warner Channel [Venezuela]">
        <display-name lang="en">Warner Channel [Venezuela]</display-name>

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, so it looks like WG++ sets the ID and the name as the same value.
    What I'm saying is that this would work:
    <channel id="Warner Channel [Venezuela]">
    <display-name lang="en">Warner Channel (Venezuela)</display-name>

As it says in the XMLTV DTD:
    Each channel has one id attribute, which must be unique and should preferably be in the form suggested by RFC2838 (the 'broadcast' element of the grammar in that RFC, in other words, a DNS-like name but without any URI scheme).

In other words, the above channel should really be given an ID like venzuala.warner.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom