Some issues with the weather background overlay (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For those having problems, try uninstall and then install.

I wouldnt be surprised if this issue is a result of copying files manually into your skin directory.

You mean re-install the skin? Well, I have a lot of mod's, and don't like to re-install them all again.. So I hope there is an alternative way to fix this..

powermarcel, can you try and use the XMLs in the attached rar. These are the ones I have installed and work fine.

Thanks, but it still doesn't work.. Even after clearing the skin chache..

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    You mean re-install the skin? Well, I have a lot of mod's, and don't like to re-install them all again.. So I hope there is an alternative way to fix this..

powermarcel, can you try and use the XMLs in the attached rar. These are the ones I have installed and work fine.

powermarcel, to double check, you placed the XMLs in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP, overwriting the original ones.

Also, make sure you have all these in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media

buttonbar.png
    fullscreenbg2.png
    subsearchbg.png
    boxwithborder.png
    hbar1white.png
    slider_vertical.png
    button_focus.png

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

powermarcel, to double check, you placed the XMLs in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP, overwriting the original ones.

Also, make sure you have all these in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media

buttonbar.png
    fullscreenbg2.png
    subsearchbg.png
    boxwithborder.png
    hbar1white.png
    slider_vertical.png
    button_focus.png

Hey m3rcury,

I have put them in the right location..

About the files in the Mediafolder, I'm only missing the last 2 files.. (slider_vertical.png and button_focus.png) I have only tv_button_focus.png

Do you think that's the reason? Well, it would be nice if you can post those 2 files.. :)

:D

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

buttonbar.png
    fullscreenbg2.png
    subsearchbg.png
    boxwithborder.png
    hbar1white.png
    slider_vertical.png
    button_focus.png

Hey m3rcury,

I have put them in the right location..

About the files in the Mediafolder, I'm only missing the last 2 files.. (slider_vertical.png and button_focus.png) I have only tv_button_focus.png

Do you think that's the reason? Well, it would be nice if you can post those 2 files.. :)

I have checked my setup and I also don't have those 2 PNGs, so not much of an issue. One question, when you copied my XMLs, did your screen show a full background of the weather image or still it showed the one in the basic home. What I mean is that I had a small MOD in my XML where it would display the weather image in the TV on the BasicHome screen, but then would display a full screen when you enter the weather option.

Mainly am asking to see if your system is executing the correct XMLs.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So you mean your modded xml file will do the linkedweather thing? Well, that's not the case here.. On the basichome there s linkedweather, but inside the plugin the hover I have choosen for it is showing up.. I hope that you know what I mean.. (and I hope that I know what you mean!:p)

Here are the screenshots:

Attachments

• basic home.jpg
      basic home.jpg
      244.3 KB
    • Naamloos.jpg
      Naamloos.jpg
      245.8 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    So you mean your modded xml file will do the linkedweather thing? Well, that's not the case here.. On the basichome there s linkedweather, but inside the plugin the hover I have choosen for it is showing up.. I hope that you know what I mean.. (and I hope that I know what you mean!:p)

Here are the screenshots:

You have more issues here.....

The screens should look like the ones below.

Try using the attached XML as well.

Attachments

• 16-49-20.jpg
      16-49-20.jpg
      82.4 KB
    • 16-36-47.jpg
      16-36-47.jpg
      85.8 KB
    • BasicHome.xml
      186.1 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's because I have the 5 day summary not enabled.. :) Scrolling in the homescreen is a bit slow when It's enabled, so that'not a bug..

Any other suggestions?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    That's because I have the 5 day summary not enabled.. :) Scrolling in the homescreen is a bit slow when It's enabled, so that'not a bug..

Any other suggestions?

powermarcel10, am a bit confused about this.... About the linkedbackground, do you have a folder linkedbackgroundfull? This is what my MOD used to display weather background.

Regarding the missing boxes, 1 issue that I once had was that although images were in their right place, the profile I was using did have access to the object. From windows explorer, a small lock was displayed on the icon. Can you check if you have this problem on your setup?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have only Linkedweatherfull.. And that folder is empty.. It's in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\SMPBackgrounds

There are no small locks like you said.. :(

EDIT: I also tried to install streamedMP again.. Did a reppair, but the problem is still there.. Very, very strange.. On my other pc it's working fine!

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I have only Linkedweatherfull.. And that folder is empty.. It's in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\SMPBackgrounds

There are no small locks like you said.. :(

powermarcel10, I'm sorry but don't know what to suggest next :confused:

:sorry:

As to linkedweatherfull, you can download images from here: https://picasaweb.google.com/107711503882744578203/Linkedweatherfull?authuser=0&feat=directlink and https://picasaweb.google.com/107711503882744578203/Linkedweatherfull_new?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom