Some little problems...

Discussion in 'X-Factor' started by cehes, September 25, 2010.

1. cehes
    • Premium Supporter

cehes MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Hi cul8er,

This is the first time i give your skin a go... i'm really impress !
    Smooth, easy to configure, really hightly configurable... a pleasure !

But as you guess if i'm there this is because i have a problem :)

On your settings we can choose differents color models, but only the dark gold is ok... how can i test the others ?? (i'd like blue !)

Tx a lot, and also tx for fanart !

EDIT : Well with a friend of mine we spend the day configuring your skin and this is really a piece of pleasure ! This was the skin he and i were waiting for a long time !!

We noticed four more things, that could be great if we could get help

-1- under recorded TV, it is written "Recordings"... even in french ! then i went in "mytvrecordedtv.xml", found 3 "recordings" that i replace with "Enregistrements" (the french translation) and this is OK. Can't we put there a "language code" to have this word auto in the right language ?
    -2- In list view, we have only 5 items like in others views, on other skins this view has twice more items. Here you use 2 lines per recording, can't you have one record per line to have more items ? (and then the red round for recording in progress could be on the same line)
    -3- i'm totally unable to have radio OK. I added it to a menu (ID=30), when i click on it i have the background, the top bar and that's all, no icons are comings... Do you have a max nmber of radio or so ?
    -4- About bottom bar (timeshifting bar) the one that is displayed when watching TV and when using left an right keys, i do not understand how it works. Usually there are 3 arrays : the first one (often in red) is what you can not see because the tv at this moment was off, then there is a big array of what is in timeshifting buffer. This array is split by where you are and where you can go before and after. I hope i'm clear !

All of this is not so important, i'm really impress by your work, and i wonder why i did not see it before !

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cehes
    • Premium Supporter

cehes MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Re : Some little problems...

About -3- (radio) i found something : your skin only support "list view" and i was, on my previous skin, on "icon vew" !
    I came back to blue3, choose listview, went to xfactor again and this is OK. First my friend and i were wondering why you only support list view with such a small list of item, then i understood : fanart :)

This part is solve !

Please allow me to add a -5-

-5- when under "list view" on MP video plugin we can not tell files from folders, isn't it a good idea to add a little icon to know where folder are ?

tx

EDIT :

Here i am again :)

-6- i noticed that the effects for background (move and zoom) is not always on... at the moment it is not moving i do not know why... any idea ? I disabled/enabled the effect... still the same.

EDIT 2 :

-6- solved ! In fact i was obliged to "rebuild" the home page, it seems than changing layout using MePo plugin of xfactor is not good ! It is better to change it in MePo config

Am i alone there ?
    Should i sort all of that and post it into "bug and request" section ???

4. Fafnir
    • Premium Supporter

Fafnir MP Donator

Ratings:
    +44 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hello All.
    The skin is very, very nice (especially the basic home concept is (y) and totally :love:) , but one thing is annoying and it keeps me from using it:
    My music is well organized and sorted with a folder for the artist and inside are lying all albums as folders.

- When I now go to My Music the standard view is Album view, and I always have to manually change it into folder structure view...

Hmm, don't want to bother you, but the menus are a bit much bubbly for my taste. I was happy to see a clean, frosty skin but the menus are the same as Avalon and they feel a bit "too much". Maybe you want to shift there also to a bit flattened style?

Greetings Fafnir.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!