Some MCE remote buttons do not work (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    heres how it looks on my system ( i have the MS reciever and an MCE remote keyboard andremote control

)

Attachments

• hidremotandkey.jpg
      hidremotandkey.jpg
      162.7 KB

MariuCh

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    My system:

Attachments

• ComputerManagement.jpg
      ComputerManagement.jpg
      211.1 KB
    Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wondering if one f those usb devices is interfering, thinking the ENE cir would be my first choice at disabling.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I would like to share my experience,
    I have an integrated MCE receiver and i have an external one (on my laptop) like MariuCh (but black and white).
    The integrated one didn't work (with green button and i think other buttons).
    in "Device Manager" the name is the same that my external receiver, so to make it work (external one).
    I have force a driver on internal (ITE one) to be able to disable it (otherwise i can't).
    After that all is working with my external.

That i would say is that some receiver (even with the same name) seems to didn't work correctly.
    Maybe we can force to use the drivers Win7 use for external to my internal one (i didn't try).

Thanks.

Last edited:

MariuCh

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Wondering if one f those usb devices is interfering, thinking the ENE cir would be my first choice at disabling.
    Yes you are right. When I turn off this device remote began to work properly. I suppose this is an unused chip on the motherboard ...
    Still it is strange that in the WMC remote worked well without turning off this device ...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Still it is strange that in the WMC remote worked well without turning off this device

WMC thinks they are keyboard shortcuts and reacts, not the ehome remote control driver input, MP cannot do the translation the way Windows can :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom