[solved] Some movie didn't appear (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tried the same.
    And this still ends up in Videos?

I would like to see the respective log entry please. Note that details are only created in DEBUG mode. If you want ot recereate the log you better move this file out of the share, wait say 5 min and then move it back into the share for automatic recognition (provided you switched this on in the share settings).

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    OK, I enabled debug, move the Face Off folder away, waited 5 mins and put the Face Off folder back and wait 5 mins, generated this log.

Here is the log file.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-05-16-16.41.00.zip
      922.1 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Media item 53db2300-a54c-43c8-ada4-d3b307dfc1ff with name Face Off (Face Off) imported (43 ms)

To quote Albert Einstein:“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

I had suggested to rename "Face Off" into "Face Off (year)". "Face Off" alone returns at last three results in the movie database, so the result will always be 'No hit'.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Yes the file name is already "Face Off (2011).mkv". You mean the folder name?

Is it better not to put movie into their own sub folder?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, the
    MediaAccessor: Importing file 'Face Off'
    which may be the reason for your observation.

Is it better not to put movie into their own sub folder?
    Not necessarily. If you have only a movie file and read everything else online, then there is no reason for having a dedicated folder. Things like folder.jpg anre not necessary as the fanart is automatically retrieved from online sources. The situation is of course different if you only use your own local data, e.g. nfo. In that case changing the file name is not enough as you will need to adjust all the respective references in the nfo file(s).

If you were indeed impiorting nfo data and the informaiton is not processed in the way you like, chances are that the nfo data is not correct.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    I have just move the file "Face Off (2011).mkv" out of the subfolder and put it under "Movie" and still didn't appear under Movie but appeared twice under Videos

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have just move the file "Face Off (2011).mkv"
    Face Off 2011 is not a movie but a TV series. If you are really trying to import a movie, the the file is not correctly named. If you refer to the Travolta/Cage version then the correct name would be "Face Off (1997).

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Finally I edited all metadata and put the correct name and year in Title and Name seems fine now. I found that if I put a series of movies inside the same folder it will group it together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom