[further infos missing] some movies freezing evry seconds (2 Viewers)

Returnvoid

January 26, 2020
Home Country
Spain Spain
MP2 Version
With which version of MediaPortal did you encounter the problem?
MediaPortal Version: 2.2.3

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
Description:
i have a PC acting as a server in my livingroom wich gives service to all my home. Its a powerful (windows 10) i7 pc with NVidia grafics and taking the movies from a Synology NAS. In my room i have a small intel NUC (windows 10 ). Both are up to date, with lates drivers and updates. I installed yesterday mediaportal 2.2.3 and i discovered few things that doesnt look normal and maybe you can help me.

bug1: some TV shows are freezing like 2 times per seconds. Looks like RAM issue, but when i use MediaPlayerClassic everything works perfectly. Have been trying to change Lav configuration, but no diference. MediaPortal keep freezing some videos ( not all ). Its not a total freeze. Its more like play-stop-play-stop etc... like the buffer cant handle it.

bug2: today, without any reasons, my 2 computers are unable to connect to the server. no matter what i try or reboot. the server find perfectly the client, but from the clients, its say "Disconnected". Very weird.

bug3: some menu options have characters disapeared. like "configuration" > "co f g ion". ( i am using the Spanish interface )

i have been searching in the forum and jira if there is someone that have already posted this bugs, but couldnt find it, so excuse me if this post is not apropriate. Hope someone can help me, because i love mediaportal.

( thinking to leave mediaportal2 and try mediaporatl1 )

i attach specs of my room computer, and the media info of the file that goes very slowly in Mediaportal. I tried to Log mediaportal, but since i am always "disconnected" from server, i cant make logs for the moment.

Attachments

• mediaInfor_file.txt
    9.2 KB
  • room_computer_specs.txt
    63.5 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    bug3: some menu options have characters disapeared. like "configuration" > "co f g ion". ( i am using the Spanish interface )
    If you change the language you need to restart the client. However, I have recently noticed the same thing that letters are getting "lost", yet only in connection with a new skin in development, never with the current ones.

i attach specs of my room computer, and the media info of the file that goes very slowly in Mediaportal.
    That's unfortunately of no use. On your desktop is a program icon MediaPortal2 Log Collector, which should work and create a zip on your desktop. If not then open the directory in C:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal and then go to Client and/or Server where you will find a log sub-directory for each of them that contains all the logs. Zip them together and psot them here.

EDIT: Please add your hardware specifications to your user profile and switch them to visible as explained in the linked explanations in How to submit a Bug Report at the top of the forum.
    1. Make sure that your system (windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.

Last edited:

Returnvoid

January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi!. Thanks for your quick answer. I just made 2 logs. One from the server, and one from the bedroom computer(client). Hope its help. I tried to add my hardware spec in my profile, but couldnt find that option. i can do a txt with hardware specs and send it. do you need it from the server, the client or both?
    By the way, yes, all my software and drivers are up to date.

Attachments

• Bedroom-MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-01-26-20.22.11.zip
      277.3 KB
    • SERVER-MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-01-26-20.24.02.zip
      458.2 KB

Returnvoid

January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i just reinstalled Mediaportal, but no changes. Still unable to connect from other computers. also tried to reboot and "repair". Nothing worked.
    the strange part is that everything works perfectly when i play movies directly on server pc.

i attached the specs of server.

update: now server dont even start. when i start media player client i have a message of "unhandled exception: could not fine logger service" or something like that. Seems that i have more and more bugs.... pretty frustrating

Attachments

• server_specs.txt
      82.4 KB
    Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ‚Repair‘ is not always reliable. Do an Uninstall - this will not affect your data - and then install again. Make sure that you ticked the „Allow access“ in the zip file properties if you extract the content with inbuilt zip functionality of Windows 10!

The iLogger error can happen at the very first start after a new install. In that case simply try again and things should be ok.

Returnvoid

January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i already did a reinstall as i said in previous post. will try another software that is more stable. thanks for your help anyway. have a nice day.

Returnvoid

January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    As you wish. i mean, if you find a solution, would be a pleasure to give a second chance to that software, because i really like it. But if there is too many things to configrue, reinstall, modify and download, then i dont want to make you loose youre time. Of course that any help will be very apreciated. :)

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But if there is too many things to configrue, reinstall, modify and download, then i dont want to make you loose youre time.
    Experiences like yours are really an exception. MP2 is stable and runs perfectly, not just for me.

I'll take a look when I have a minute.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The throuble is here:
    [2020-01-26 20:00:46,626] [6710 ] [TVService] [ERROR] - TV Service failed to start: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070422): No se puede iniciar el servicio, porque está deshabilitado o porque no tiene dispositivos habilitados asociados a él. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x80070422)
    The 'why' is a different question.

Your server log has unfortunately been taken in INFO mode. You can switch the log level in the Client settings (see 'General'). Please try a restart of the MP2 Server Service under Windows Services. The service will be stopped and restarted, may take some time. Then check if the service is active by opening the TV Configuration. If it opens all is well, if not there is some fundamental issue.

If restarting the Server Service cures the issue of the non-running 'TV Service', you may want to set the start type of the service to "Delayed".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom