Some thoughts on a new feature (1 Viewer)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ltfearme,

I guess this might have come up earlier and if so just let me know... But I was just watching a new series in mp and some ideas came to my mind. So I just wanted to come here and ask about it.

Normally whenever I feel the urge for some series I will just open tv series with the latest episodes view and have a look which new ones I got. Normally this will fit my needs for series I follow regularly. But most of the time I will see some episodes of series I haven't even started watching and the newest episode for series I am following but haven't seen some episodes before that one.
    So because of that I have been looking for some access to my series which is quicker and more intelligent. It would require some logic which would only give me the first unwatched episode of series I currently follow or of the one that has been added recently to my library. Above that I would love to see the episodes I actually started watching and had to interrupt because of some reason. kodi has something alike with lazytv which has some of this functionalities. .

So you might be wondering why I am writing this here in the trakt forum and not in the tv-series area. It's because I went to trakt in between two episodes of this new series I was downloading at the time. And there the dashboard was giving me some of the stuff I am looking for. It tells me that some episodes has been added. It even tells me that I paused watching an episode and when I select it it will resume. With the trending series below I can even jump to those hot series I am following too. I was thinking "wow I could access my series from here most of the time". Sure it was only fitting my needs in this specific situation but still it is nice.

I am wondering if you might be interested in adding some views or an alternative dashboard which would go in this direction. I know my idea is pretty premature and I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it would make sense.

Cheers
    Luca

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was thinking of a similar feature like on the website "On Deck to Watch", this is basically a list of shows that you have been recently watching, showing you the next episode e.g.

OnDeck.jpg

This could be a new dashboard item like Trending Shows, instead of jumping to TVSeries it will play it directly (if it's in your library which you can tell from the library overlay).

Note: if you press Play instead of OK on a TV Show in the trakt GUI it will play the first unwatched episode instead of jumping to TVSeries.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, that's exactly what I meant! Haven't noticed that on the website. Does it mean this is already available via the api and we wouldn't even have to think about the logic of building the list? And does it include paused episodes as well?
    I'd love to see it on the dashboard. I guess I'd access my series from there in like 90% of the time.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    All the API methods needed to build such a list should already be possible, there will probably be enhancements I can do to make it better.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When I get around to implementing it, you can help test if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom