[confirm] Some TV channels stutter (heavily)/look "flawed" (1 Viewer)

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also, the system works perfect with 1.0.2, so I know how to configure a working system. I have tried to just install MP1.1 on a clean vista, put on my codecs and go... but there is random stutter with MP1.1 which is not there with 1.0.2.

Tried again with RC6. I had a couple of hints:

1. Open Cat 10.6 screen prior to mediaportal - problem goes away for some people
    2. Install Haali - this is one codec I use with 1.0.2 that I forgot to install on the 1.1RC image

So, I tried both. One of these seems to have fixed my issue, as I haven't seen any stutter this afternoon.

I rebooted prior to watching 720p live-tv and a recorded 1080i program, and didn't open the catalyst program before mediaportal, and all seems well.

:D to all who took the time to suggest fixes.

So, working MP1.1RC6 system for me:

Vista SP2 plus all patches
    latest directx
    Cat 10.6
    powercinema6 (PCM H264 & monogram AAC codecs for mediaportal)
    mediaportal
    ac3filter
    haali

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1. Open Cat 10.6 screen prior to mediaportal - problem goes away for some people
    2. Install Haali - this is one codec I use with 1.0.2 that I forgot to install on the 1.1RC image

So, I tried both. One of these seems to have fixed my issue, as I haven't seen any stutter this afternoon.

I rebooted prior to watching 720p live-tv and a recorded 1080i program, and didn't open the catalyst program before mediaportal, and all seems well.

Haali is not used neither for live tv nor recordings. So it should be the CCC that is bugged on ATI side.

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Haali is not used neither for live tv nor recordings. So it should be the CCC that is bugged on ATI side.

Ok, I thought haali was involved with the .ts, my mistake.

Opening CCC once before MP fixing the issue? I guess I've heard of stranger things. :)

All seems fine now anyway.

NB: I noticed a windows time correction of 8 seconds in the event logs during this test run. A couple of others have had stutter related to clock differences. Possibly my fixed playback was due to my clock being finally synced to the stream?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ng-live-tv-long-period-time-84392/#post636593

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ivetv-both-sd-hd-83762/index3.html#post636426

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Opening CCC once before MP fixing the issue? I guess I've heard of stranger things. :)

Not strange at all, another user reported doing a clean OS install without the CCC, so driver only, and that also stopped his stuttering.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Some TV channels stutter (heavily)/look "flawed"

if i remember right... haali can be configured to be used with ts files? so if it is, MP would use it for ts files too?

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Re: Some TV channels stutter (heavily)/look "flawed"

if i remember right... haali can be configured to be used with ts files? so if it is, MP would use it for ts files too?

I used the default install for haali (from memory I install it for mkv support) and there

Haali Features
    Supported containers:

* Matroska
    * MP4
    * AVI
    * OGG/OGM
    * MPEG TS

There are three possibilities (I know of) for my fixed setup:

1. Open CCC prior to start MP (once only)
    2. Install haali using default settings
    3. System clock sync by windows time service

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: Some TV channels stutter (heavily)/look "flawed"

No, since MP is hardcoded to use only TsReader for TS files.

divxmaster

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I managed to fix all my stutter problems following this link:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vmr9-stutterfree-83189/index3.html#post631533

Follow the link to the microsoft forum post: 'Dual Monitors Windows 7 Problems (Post from Twizzlerite)' as posted by MP Member Dedi.
    I now have no stutters at all. Note that my stutter problem was:

Win 7 Ultimate x32.
    Dual monitors, MP running on secondary monitor. Was dropping every second frame, if 'MP always on top' wasnt turned on.
    MP 1.1 RC 3.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related, but I have an issue with Discovery HD, not sure if this is since RC3 or somewhere before, as i do not watch this channel very often.
    When starting this channel it stutters (shows 1 picture every second or so) sound keeps going.

After some time, somewhere between 10 to 40 seconds, it will play smooth.

Client logs attached, if server logs are also required please let me know.

Louis

I can confirm this. Massive probs with Discovery HD after upgrade rc3, rc4.
    I know that discovery HD is mpeg2 signal with high framerate ore something like that...
    Its not a ordinary HD 264 signal...
    Logs will follow

Hi,

I also have this problem. Running 1.1.0 Final. Is this issue already solved?

:D

snoekieboe

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem also exists on my setup.
    Tuning into Discovery HD showcase results into 1 frame per second being shown for a short period of time.
    This period of time varies during the day, for example the period of time could be 1 second during the morning and a whopping 30 seconds during the afternoon/evening.

Swapping codecs etc does not make any difference.

Problem was introduced in RC3 and continues to be a problem in 1.1.0 Final

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom