[no Bug] Something changed with remote control settings? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, with 1.3 alpha I had just enabled MCE remote and nothing else in the settings - no custom mappings etc or anything like that. With 1.3 beta, my remote now doesn't stop playback, the back button no longer works etc etc. Also, even with the tray launcher active, my MCE button no longer starts MePo.

Has something changed or have I some how done something? I have just reinstalled windows so I'm trying to figure out whats different :/

Thanks!

Nox71

Portal Member
    May 5, 2005
    I can confirm this too on one of my client i lost the functionnality of many key on the remote like pause-stop-info.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Did you just upgrade to the beta? I'm trying to rule out me forgetting to install something when I reinstalled windows :)

Its really annoying because I don't know the keyboard keys and to get ot of playing fullscreen video I'm having to control alt delete and kill MePo!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Since I don't have my crystal ball (not sure who took it) logs would tell everything, on the other side my MCE remote works just fine, but said that it can be a bug somewhere ;)
    On new install make sure you have selected the remote in MP configuration -> remote.

Regards
    Roy

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Sorry I forgot to attach :) I have ticked the check box for MCE remote / Keyboard in MePo external configuration tool. Thats all I did previously and it worked fine. Logs attached.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Can you enable "Extended logging" in MP Configuration -> Remote & MCE tab?
    Then start MP -> use some buttons that doesn't work -> Close MP & gather logs again, maybe something shows up,
    Btw, what kind of receiver do you use(I use the default which came with remote)?

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmmm,
    Saw the mp.xml & MCE remote is not enabled (<entry name="MCE">no</entry>), that's weird if it shows enabled in config & is not enabled...

Regards
    Roy

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi, thanks for looking into this for me :)

Ok, so I went to config and
    1) Enabled both MCE Remote / Keyboard and Extended Logging. Saved and closed.
    2) Opened MePo and playing a video file in TVSeries
    3) Tried the remote buttons for:
    - Stop playback
    - Pause Playback
    - Rewind
    - Fast forward
    - Skip forward
    - Skip backward
    - Back
    etc etc
    4) Quit out and made logs.

Interestingly, on my keyboard, the H key does not take me to MePo home either. Also as I already said, the MCE green button does not fire up MePo (I used this button to goto MePo home screen also whilst in MePo - before I reformatted last night) even though the option is enabled and the tray launcher is running (and visable in the system tray). Logs attached.

My receiver is a Microsoft branded model which came with the remote. The details underneath read -

Remove Control and Receiver 1.0a for Media Centre PC with Windows. Model: 1040.

EDIT:
    Also just gone back into the MePo Config tool to check on the setting to see if it is indeed still active and both the MCE remote and extended loggin options still have check marks present and the 'Mapping' button is active (which enables when MCE remote option is ticked).

Thanks!

Last edited:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmm seems like button command doesn't receive at all.
    Try to run MP in debug mode. It's in MP folder on start menu, this should disable plugins if those are to blame.
    If that doesn't work try receiver in a different usb port for a check, you could also test with different batteries(new one) in remote to rule that out,

Regards
    Roy

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    The remote I am using is a logitech harmony 885, but it is all mapped to the correct items using a combination of MCE remote and MCE IR keyboard :) definately isn't the remote, it was working last night on 1.3 alpha and it has a non removable battery inside it.

I will try different port now and then do the debug as you suggest. Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1355584521][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, started in debug mode, dont have any media in 'Videos' and Moving Pictures obviously doesnt load, so fired up some music and tried the usual stop playback button and back button, home button etc. Still doesnt work. Also tried different USB port. Remote is working, I can see receiver lighting up when I press buttons on the remote.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom