[no Bug] Something changed with remote control settings? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    FYI the driver is 'Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver'

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmm, there are absolute no MCE commands in your log (like this: "MCE: Incoming button command: Right") so something is blocking it.

Your receiver is detected so shouldn't be that one causing it, did you disable the Windows Services in MP Config additional 3rd party checks?

Regards
    Roy

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Yes, and it was definitely disabled as I had to re-enable it earlier to load the connector software from my Windows Home Server (but I subsequently disabled the service again and set the correct options in MePo).
    Without it being disabled, I wouldn't beable to turn the tray launcher on. But I don't think its just MePo as the tray launcher doesn't respond to the green button either. What is between the launcher software and the IR hardware?[DOUBLEPOST=1355586666][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi,
    Hmm, there are absolute no MCE commands in your log (like this: "MCE: Incoming button command: Right") so something is blocking it.

Your receiver is detected so shouldn't be that one causing it, did you disable the Windows Services in MP Config additional 3rd party checks?

Regards
    Roy
    Well my remote is working OK for navigation and executing options so surely they should be showing up. Ie cursor buttons work fine and the OK button. But nothing else.

Last edited:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    That's windows OS -> Drivers. (In MPTray.log it should also read click, click after each click on remote & it's missing in your log)
    You have rebooted after disabling?

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Cursor etc it's acting as default commands, so they works even when it is disabled

Regards
    Roy

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok, well I just reinstalled shortcutter plugin and I have two shortcuts to launch Moving Pictures and TVSeries using the key presses Ctrl+W and Ctrol+X and they work fine in MePo. Don't know if that makes a difference..

I could just reprogram my remote to replace all the keys with the corresponding keyboard letter key, ie stop playback, map it to the 'b' key.. but that is a pain and it defeats the object of finding the problem :)

I have rebooted many many time today.. fresh windows install, installing plugins and software etc. It hasn't work at all since installing the Beta :( Nothing in like the firewall which could be preventing it? or Windows Defeneder or anything? (I don't have antivirus installed yet, so just what comes with Stock Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit)..

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I'm not sure what have gone wrong, but remote home button & keyboard h don't work & nothing that's indicate remote is being used on logs.
    You can try to remove keymap.xml which is in "hdd used for install":\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\" folder, & start MP which should recreate it, but else I'm not sure, will try another comp here & see if something occurs after a fresh install of windows.

Regards
    Roy

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    OK, so I tried that and no dice. I have been messing in the device manager and notice 2 x Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver entries. One is definitely my IR receiver because it disapears when I remove it. The other, my PC thinks is a device, I can uninstall it, but it just comes back after a reboot (with my IR unplugged the whole time). So maybe it is getting confused what is the actual device..

But what is this second entry!? I have only a Logitech USB Bluetooth keyboard adaptor for my Dinovo Edge and a blackgold TV card (no IR that I am aware of) and a graphics card.

How do I figure out what it is and how to remove it?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not easy to say, but you can disable it. It shouldn't re enable on reboot either to check if that's the case.
    If you in device manager set view by connected, you should be able to see where it is connected on comp, but it's weird.

Regards
    Roy

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Got all this lot..

Attachments

• Untitled.png