Sometimes after TV channel changing there is no sound (1 Viewer)

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    *sigh* Nothing ever works on demand.. I could not reproduce the problem tonight even though it has been happening most nights (just ask the wife).

I'll try again tomorrow!

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    really you are not interested in this basic problem? How can I recommend this SW when this is sometimes working without sound? I really appreciate your work Ive already donated and I will but my friends will not have this yet.....I will explain that in basic this is really not prepared for everyday use...I wanted install and set up this to all ......I really have the most usual mainstream motherboard :(

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    maysider,

I don't think anyone 'doesn't' want to help you. Unfortunately it's all volunteer work and we do what we can when we can.

Have you tried using a program called graphedit? If you run MP in a window the fire up graph edit when you have a channel without sound it'll show you what directshow is 'trying' to do with the TV stream. This may point you in the right direction.

I am still trying to get you a trace. This problem DOES still happen under certain circumstances (even on the latest SVN builds) and using the newer TVE3 server (which I have). The problem I face is I can't seem to capture it in debug (MediaPortalTestTool2) mode. I'm still trying and have ideas on how to produce it (it happens for me on most nights around 6:30pm.. I just need to work out why).

Cheers
    erosco

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    TV-Server Version: SVN 18341
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 plus 18279
    MediaPortal Skin: default (bluetwo)
    Windows Version: MCE 2005 with SP and rollups
    CPU Type: AMD 3800+
    HDD: Western Digital SATA2 300G x 2
    Memory: 2G DDR2 Kingston
    Motherboard: M2NPV-VM
    Motherboard Chipset: nForce 430
    Motherboard Bios: ASUS 1201
    Video Card: Gigabyte NX8600GT passive
    Video Card Driver: Forceware 169.44
    Sound Card: SoundMax internal digital via SPDIF
    Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
    Sound Card Driver: SoundMax AD1986A Audio Driver V5.10.01.6110
    1. TV Card: Hauppage Nova-DT 500 MCE
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T (dual)
    1. TV Card Driver: 3.8
    2. TV Card: Digital Everywhere Floppy-DTV-S/CI
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: BDA Driver 4.2
    3. TV Card: Pioneer Blu-Ray BDC-202
    3. TV Card Type: with Cyberlink BD Solution
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD7 BD
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: INTELSAT 8 166°E SelectTV
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16S
    Cooling: Zalman
    Power Supply: Zalman Noiseless
    Remote: iMon MCE
    TV: Sony Projector VHS-60A
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI (HDCP)

Ok, I've finally got an instance captured in the logs. I fired up MP and tuned to Channel Nine.. watch for about a minute then went 'x' to the TVGuide and selected Channel SBS.

The video switched but no sound came through via AC3filter. After about 60 seconds I hit the 'right arrrow' to cause a seek to the end of the stream. The audio immediately came through. I'm hoping this helps locate the streaming and/or codec issue. Setup as above.

Cheers
    erosco :p

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    really you are not interested in this basic problem? How can I recommend this SW when this is sometimes working without sound? I really appreciate your work Ive already donated and I will but my friends will not have this yet.....I will explain that in basic this is really not prepared for everyday use...I wanted install and set up this to all ......I really have the most usual mainstream motherboard :(

Hi,
    maysider, I'm not seeing this problem @ all, thats what make it hard to help you & i hope someone else can confirm & have the same issue to help you out.
    Btw, have you tested TVE3 which should not have this problem with latest svn?

erosco, i'm not seeing that prob here, but then i don't use ac3 for sound since i receive dvb-t in he-aac format & use monogram codecs, for dvb-s i use ffdshow for sound so again can't help you much(maybe post in TVE3 bug forum part to get more help)

Regards
    Roy

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    Hi,
    maysider, I'm not seeing this problem @ all, thats what make it hard to help you & i hope someone else can confirm & have the same issue to help you out.
    Btw, have you tested TVE3 which should not have this problem with latest svn?

erosco, i'm not seeing that prob here, but then i don't use ac3 for sound since i receive dvb-t in he-aac format & use monogram codecs, for dvb-s i use ffdshow for sound so again can't help you much(maybe post in TVE3 bug forum part to get more help)

Regards
    Roy

ok, thanx, I ll try it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom