[confirm] sometimes channels fail to tune the first time they're selected (1 Viewer)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Another thing: Did you try to change network provider in dvb card configuration?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: sometimes channels fail to tune the first time they're selected

you could try TVserver debugoption "reset graph....". had similar issues and this option solved it.

...I think you're right!! :D :D Since I highlighted this experimental option I haven't had one problem with tuning to channels!! :D :D Thanks al lot! What could be the sideeffects of making this a standard option? Because in my opinion this should be implemented.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: sometimes channels fail to tune the first time they're selected

you could try TVserver debugoption "reset graph....". had similar issues and this option solved it.

...I think you're right!! :D :D Since I highlighted this experimental option I haven't had one problem with tuning to channels!! :D :D Thanks al lot! What could be the sideeffects of making this a standard option? Because in my opinion this should be implemented.

Don't exactly know, what this option does in detail, but I think developers have their good reasons, why it is not implemented as standard.

good to know, it helps ;)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country

Only one side effect - possible lower speed of showing a channel.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Only one side effect - possible lower speed of showing a channel.

Yep, too bad that we need to balance between broken HW & drivers and the issues that the workarounds create for the good HW & drivers. That reset graph option is disabled since it would punish the mmajority of users with unnescessary slow zapping speed (no, we don't know all the driver / hardware that would require it to be enabled).

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yep, too bad that we need to balance between broken HW & drivers and the issues that the workarounds create for the good HW & drivers.
    Welcome to the computer world.
    That reset graph option is disabled since it would punish the mmajority of users with unnescessary slow zapping speed (no, we don't know all the driver / hardware that would require it to be enabled).

I've seen quite some people here with tuning problems recently, so a little consideration would be in order in my opinion. Anyway, maybe it could be a standard option in the config with a little explanation added? This way people with trouble can make their own descision instead of you making it for them. Now it's hidden and I would never had discovered this option unless people here on the forum told me this option. I think it would help quite some people.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: sometimes channels fail to tune the first time they're selected

i discovered another method...

@all with tuning problems:
    disable the "always stop graph" function. restart tvservice. go to the configuration. go to the point where your cards are listed (don't know the exact name at the moment). click on your card and than on "Edit". edit the network provider from generic to the one you are using (DVBC, DVBS or DVBT). now it should work without the debug option... please let me know if it works.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

i don't see an option generic there OnkelChris, it only says DVBS and no option generic.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country

i don't see an option generic there OnkelChris, it only says DVBS and no option generic.

List of available network providers depends on OS installed. If not listed then OS does not have it

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

i discovered another method...

@all with tuning problems:
    disable the "always stop graph" function. restart tvservice. go to the configuration. go to the point where your cards are listed (don't know the exact name at the moment). click on your card and than on "Edit". edit the network provider from generic to the one you are using (DVBC, DVBS or DVBT). now it should work without the debug option... please let me know if it works.

Will do. Because I've still got the same problems I had before. I just had luck the problems did not occur for 2 days :(
    But yesterday I had 3 times the frozen epg (with 2x stop button releasing MP again) and one complete freeze of MP when trying to tune to channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom