Sopcast streaming in MP, possible? (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys, got this Wiziwig thing sort of working (first time I tried loading a channel I got a big red screen saying "Fatal error" but it worked the second time).

There is one particular Sopcast channel that I'd like to have access to via MediaPortal. Is there an easy way to do this if I know the Sopcast URL? Maybe I could make a local RSS file containing the stream or something? No idea where to start but I'm sure this is easy to do so I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
OK figured that out, uploaded a simple HTML file containing information about Sopcast streams and made a new "generic site" in OnlineVideos. Only thing I can't figure out is how to give my new site a logo (e.g. iPlayer and YouTube sites have the proper logos). Is there a way to do this?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK figured that out, uploaded a simple HTML file containing information about Sopcast streams and made a new "generic site" in OnlineVideos. Only thing I can't figure out is how to give my new site a logo (e.g. iPlayer and YouTube sites have the proper logos). Is there a way to do this?

Would it be possible for you to add this site too? -> http://livetv.ru/en/

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country

Would it be possible for you to add this site too? -> http://livetv.ru/en/
    Sorry I had a bit of a go but it's too complicated for me!

Does anyone else have this "Fatal Error" problem with Sopcast streams? Seems to happen with all streams I've tried on Wiziwig, maybe 60-70% of the time and I have to keep retrying until the stream decides to work!

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    OK now I'm just getting "fatal error" on every channel in MediaPortal, or by using WMP (with Sopfilter installed of course). I also get this "fatal error" screen on my laptop. All of the streams I'm trying work fine within Sopcast itself. :(

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    You can add individual streams manually without the need for a html file. Add a Group to your site, then add a stream using the sop:// url.

To add logos you need to place an image in OV's Icons and/or Banners folders with the same name as your site. The folder paths are
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\OnlineVideos\[Icons/Banners]

The red screen is what sopfilter displays when there is a problem connecting to the stream (its handled by the codec internally so is out of the control of OnlineVideos and MP). You could try uninstalling/reinstalling sopfilter or maybe firewall issue and there's always the old trusty reboot ;)?

I'll have a look at livetv.ru

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    The red screen is what sopfilter displays when there is a problem connecting to the stream (its handled by the codec internally so is out of the control of OnlineVideos and MP). You could try uninstalling/reinstalling sopfilter or maybe firewall issue?
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sopfilter and opening the correct ports on the Windows Firewall. Keeps giving me the same error on two separate PCs for streams that work within Sopcast.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is forwarding the ports on my router so I'll give that a go...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Silly question but have ya tried just rebooting the router? :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    OK I've forwarded TCP ports 3900-3920 to my HTPC and all four streams I've tried at random work fine in both WMP and MediaPortal, yay! :D

One stream did give me this error in a MediaPortal pop-up window though: "Unable to play: 65059". It worked the second time. 65059 is the Sopcast channel (silly me) and the log shows this line:

Code:
    [05-09 16:19:14,300] [MPMain      ] [WARN ] OnlineVideosPlayer: Unable to play with reason: IMediaControl.GetState after 20 seconds: 0x00040237 - 'The state transition has not completed.'

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've added livetv.ru to the sites list.
    As with Wiziwig, only sopcast links will be displayed and streams will only appear shortly before the event starts. I've included an option to show only events that the site marks as "live" but this still doesn't guarantee that there will be streams available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom