Sound only when playing 4k UHD (HEVC 265) (1 Viewer)

squizeer

Portal Member
October 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

I am having trouble playing 4k UHD Videos with MediaPortal. The Video is working fine in VLC or even Windows Media Player without MP. However, MediaPortal gives me a black screen and Audio only. Already installed the latest (Nightly) LAV Filters. 1080p Videos with the same code work without issues.

Any ideas?

MediaPortal Version: 1.27

Video Information
Codec: MPEG-H Part2/HEVC (H.265) (hevc)
Videoauflösung: 3840x2160

Hardware Information
INTEL NUC NUC7I5BNK Kit - Core I5-7260U 2,2GHz Dual Core Turbo
IrisPlus 640 Graphics

franat

Portal Pro
February 28, 2012
Almería
Home Country
Spain Spain
I gave up playing 4K with mediaportal some time ago due to synchronization problems between video and audio. I have read recently that installing Reclock can solve many of the problems caused in playback. Trying is free and if it doesn't work you can explore other possibilities. See if someone else can help you out.

sheliak

Portal Member
December 30, 2020
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hello

I have the same problem but only with playback on a mobile phone. Everything works fine on the computer.
I am using MediaPortal 1 (v.1.29) -> MPExtended 0.5.4 -> MPTvScheduler.
Since the TV switch to DVB-T2 with HEVC, I receive only sound without picture, TV Sat in 4K is the same.
Has anyone managed to find a solution? TV with HEVC works for someone.
The post has been hanging for a year, so maybe someone has managed to solve the problem ...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had a play round with MPExtended and MP1.27 a while back and I was able to play German DVBT2 HEVC TV (Full HD 1920x1080) on my Android tablet without problems. Never tried 4K though!

sheliak

Portal Member
    December 30, 2020
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    for me, only HEVC on android does not work, streaming on the network works on computers only. I don't know whether to look for a problem in MPExtended 0.5.4 plugin? Is the player on your mobile MX Player. Though I have already tried different options: MX Player, VLC and combinations with ffmpeg, VLC, HTTP live streaming. In the past, the Internal player option worked on the old tablet, but it does not work on the phone.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried the internal player and VLC on the tablet both worked, basically in the end I gave up on it as it was not very reliable I could not always wake up the HTPC and network issues as I remember.

sheliak

Portal Member
    December 30, 2020
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    1641398488369.png

Could you say if you have the same settings in mediaportal? For me, the option to choose the HEVC codec is grayed out, but I can enter its settings. can it make any difference?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you say if you have the same settings in mediaportal? For me, the option to choose the HEVC codec is grayed out, but I can enter its settings. can it make any difference?
    Mine are a little different because I use an AMD graphics card, see screenshot below. As far as I know if theHEVC box is greyed out it means your graphics card cannot do HEVC hardware decoding, so the CPU does it all which typically put its usage up close to the 100% mark which may explain the loss of audio. What graphics are you using?

Untitled.jpg

sheliak

Portal Member
    December 30, 2020
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    The processor has 12 cores, so even if the hardware card did not want to decode hevc, the processor would handle it without any problems. I have an old card (Nvidia geforce GTX 950) but so far I have been able to decode hevc on the computer.
    It seems to me that the problem is rather with streaming via MPExtended plug, or with reading it on android.

In the internal network, the mediaportal player on the computer connects to the server directly on port 554 bypassing MPExtended, but in order to send the stream to android it has to go through this plugin. Therefore, I believe that the problem lies rather with the plug or the player in the phone.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have an old card (Nvidia geforce GTX 950) but so far I have been able to decode hevc on the computer.
    According to several hits on Google the GTX 950 does decode HEVC, please set the "Hardware Decoder to use" as DXVA2" (native) which is the recommended for Nvidia GPUs and try again, if still no sound can you take a look at Task Manager during playback and report the CPU usage?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom