Sound problem when watching music videos (1 Viewer)

stian@it.no

February 16, 2009
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
Windows Version: Win XP SP3
Sound Card: Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow

I got some strange problem with the sound when playing music videos in Mediaportal.
When I switch between "old" music videos and "new", the bass level is increasing
a lot. And it's almost impossible to hear the vocals. When i restart Mediaportal the problem is solved until I switch between new and old videos again. I suppose this got something to do with the codec used to record the music videos. The problem happens more often when Mediaportal is running in full screen mode for some strange reasons. ;)

BeMo

March 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
HI.
I got the same problem when I shift between videos and music.
Only a restart will clear the problem. I have tried all the combination of codecs.

My sound card is usb extern Creative SB X-FI Surround 5.1

stian@it.no

February 16, 2009
BeMo try disabling Equalizer on the Creative Volume Panel. This solved the problem for me. Although it's a big disadvantage not to control the sound experience.
I tried to update the Creative driver but i still can't play with equalizer enabled. :0(

BeMo

March 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Stian
Thanks for your replay.
I have worked with this problem since ver. 2.3 (the old M.p). I have also the same problem with my old rig.This was with a onboard creative x-fi.
I think that the problem is when MP is shifting from one codecs to another and then back again ?.
I use the creative x-fi because of the equalize function, i can´t find a solution with equalize inside MP?
Bemo

BeMo

March 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Found a workaround

Hi Stian
Thanks for your replay.
I have worked with this problem since ver. 2.3 (the old M.p). I have also the same problem with my old rig.This was with a onboard creative x-fi.
I think that the problem is when MP is shifting from one codecs to another and then back again ?.
I use the creative x-fi because of the equalize function, i can´t find a solution with equalize inside MP?
Bemo

Hi

I found a workaround, i have choosen a external music player, ( Itunes).
Now it work for me, I can now switch between video, tv, radio and then back to music again, without bad sound. :))

BeMo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom