Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Well this is a Spanish scraper, so I rather do it right, even though I do not speak a word myself lol, but will use Google Translate then

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    I mean I understand we are mixing information from filmaffinity with information from imdb, and I am aware and is ok for me to get the info from imdb in english. In any case you have here some hints:
    English=Inglés
    Spanish=Español
    Portugese=Portugués
    French=Francés
    Italian=Italiano
    German=Alemán
    Dutch=Holandés
    Japanese=Japonés
    Chinese=Chino
    Korean=Coreano
    Swedish=Sueco
    Italian=Italiano
    Russian=Ruso
    Polish=Polaco
    Norwegian=Noruego
    Danish=Danés
    Serbian=Serbio
    Croatian=Croata
    Ukranian=Ucraniano
    Hindi=Indú
    Arabic=Árabe

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'll have to get a hold of @ltfearme because it might be that Moving-Pictures or MediaPortal already does the translation if MediaPortal language is set to Spanish, and then I can just have the scraper-script store "English".

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    is it working for you this scraper? I've got four films with no info, and I see it's not passing importer...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    FilmAffinity probably changed HTML code, so the Regular Expressions need to be updated.

Please share full debug logs showing the HTML data on a clean single-movie import, otherwise I cannot fix it.

Be sure to send the movie to the importer, because it sounds like the search-node is failing.

The test movie I use to verify the RegExp in v2.1.5 (latest version I got locally) = Avatar (2009) and was able to spot some issues on Directors (FilmAffinity now uses Spanish word for that and no longer English) and a few other fixes, so try v2.1.6 but I need movingpictures.log otherwise to find out why search-node or other parts fail.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here's the log... It's quite strange. this is what you get for every search:

20-Mar-2018 10:32:01 Warn [ WebGrabber]: Unexpected error getting http response from 'Búsqueda avanzada - FilmAffinity': Thread was being aborted.

I've tested the url with a local web browser, no issue.

PD: BTW, it would be time to merge this to IMDB+.... :) just saying.

Attachments

• movingpictures.rar
      1.7 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @peque, did your IP get blocked?

There's no way for me to merge the way FilmAffinity works in IMDb+ though, because what I need is the ability to say http://filmaffinity.com/search-with-imdb-tt-id and it would return to me http://filmaffility.com/movie-i'm-after, because that's how i added Dutch, Swedish, and Icelandic support.

If somebody will maintain a proxy that links IMDb tt-ID to FilmAffinity movie-ID, then I can easily add it to IMDb+, otherwise it will require FilmAffinity to expand their search page or API to allow IMDb tt-ID searches. They have the data, so it should be relative easy, but they probably don't like the idea of advertising support for a competitors ID. Other movie sites have no problem with it though, so I don't see an issue myself, but I'm not FilmAffinity.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @peque, did your IP get blocked?

As I told you, I tested that url with a regular web browser, and it worked... so my IP shouldn't be the problem. Also note that there are other people affected. ¿?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @peque, Moving-Pictures emulates a browser during import, user-agent string and all, so it might be that FilmAffinity did a selective ban on it, or that there's something wrong with MovPic being able to contact the URL in question. That regular browser was that on same system that MovPic runs on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom