Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (4 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    UPDATE (November 29th 2019):

v2.1.8 - Account for new URL reference in RegEx
    v2.1.7 - Force HTTPS/SSL on all the FilmAffinity URLs
    v2.1.6 - Fixed wide range of Regular Expressions and cleaned up code
    v2.1.5 - Fixed production studios expression
    v2.1.4 - Fixed a bunch of Regular Expressions on Title, Directors, etc.
    v2.1.3 - Fixed Actor parsing due to HTML change
    v2.1.2 - Adjusted parsing expression to work for votes/popularity again
    v2.1.1 - Fixed RegExp to get title during details node, so that IMDb tt-ID can be found (<a> is conditional now)
    v2.1.0 - Pretty much had to undo everything to make RegExp work again, but made it conditional just in case.
    v2.0.9 - HTML entities converted to UTF-8 caused RegExp to fail on year, writers, aka-titles, runtime and genres
    v2.0.8 - FilmAffinity finally went modern via UTF-8, so had to adjust encoding to compensate
    v2.0.7 - Fixed RegExp to get title during details node, so that IMDb tt-ID can be found
    v2.0.6 - Compensated for HTML change to make 'Votes' + 'Ratings' work again
    v2.0.5 - Compensated for HTML change to make 'Genres' work again

Rewrote all the regular expressions to match the new HTML code of FilmAffinity website, as well as incorporated the new IMDb search system.

Install instructions:
    1. Download the .xml file (attachment at bottom of this post) to a location you remember.
    2. Open "MediaPortal - Configuration", go to the "plugins" and select "Moving Pictures" to enter "Config".
    3. Select the "Importer Settings" tab.
    4. In the "Data Sources:" section select the "Manually manage movie data sources" radio button.
    5. Click the "Movie Details Data Sources" button.
    6. In the popup click the arrow just to the right of the "+" button and pick "Add a New Data Source".
    7. Browse to the new .xml scraper file and click OK.
    8. It should appear as 'FilmAffinity.com (with IMDb.es)' in the "Source column". You may need to enable it by pressing the "+" button if it is greyed out and move it to the position in the list that you prefer priority wise. Disable the existing 'FilmAffinity.com' one to prevent conflicts.
    If there are any issues with this specific scraper-script version, then please navigate towards the end of this thread for an updated version that might be posted by another user.

Attachments

• FilmAffinity.com (IMDb.es) 2.1.8.xml
      16.1 KB
    Last edited:

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus

wow !! first of all thanks so much for your time and trying to help with this.

I just started testing it, i will report as soon as I have an OK or NOK.

thanks thanks thanks

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

first couple of test look very promising, I am trying to find a optimum way of improving my whole collection with your scraper.

but so far is doing a great job. yes covers are in english but so much better than nothing !!!

thanks

I will report again after more tests i am doing.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

i am seeing some trouble with titles that should contain ¡ or !

examples:
    Real title: ¡Maldito bastardo! filename: Maldito Bastardo [DVDRIP][Spanish][2009].avi if you look in filmaffinity without the exclamation marks it can find it directly.
    also
    real title: ¡Me ha caído el muerto! (Ghost Town) filename: Me Ha Caido El Muerto Ghost Town [DVDRIP][Spanish][2009].avi if you write "Me Ha Caido El Muerto it will find it directly in website.

if this requires a lot of work, forget about it as its a very unusual situation.

edit..after finding out the problem with the year reported in below post. i have changed the year to the correct one and exclamation marks do not cause problems any more.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

another weird thing...

filename: Nueva York Para Principiantes [DVDRIP][Spanish AC3 5.1][2009][newpct.com].avi

I use the binoculars button to indicate only Nueva York Para Principiantes and 2009
    but does not work, nothing is reported as "possible matches"

if i change the year to the correct one "2008" then finds it and aproves it.

this is more important as could affect many films which contain an erroneous filename year indicator.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

It's weird though, because I obtain the year information from the FilmAffinity scraper. So after that one identified the right one automatic (or after you manually overruled it), then my little code steps in and grabs the title and year. Perhaps there is a difference between FilmAffinity.com and IMDb.es on certain movies.

I won't be able to include Artificial Intelligence, so there will always be rare situations that will be hard to find a solution for. I've had to rename many files in my own collection as well by adding or correcting the [year] in the filename for the IMDb.com scraper to function correctly, so you might be stuck doing just that on some movies.

With the delay between American release and European release on a lot of movies, it could be the reason for the 'year' to not always match, but I would require you to test more samples so I can find a more complete solution.

Thanks for the testing.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

i will do more testing, if its a matter of occasional movies then its no problem.

after a bit of more testing .... its working great. a bit of a pain to have to send to the importer the movies but man you have done a great job !!!!

thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Try the following:

1. Open Moving Pictures configuration
    2. Goto the first tab called 'Movie Manager'
    3. Highlight the first movie name in the listings box
    4. Hold down SHIFT key and then CTRL and then END (not letting go of any of the keys, result will be that 'All' movies will highlighted as blue)
    5. Click on the little down arrow on the green icon (shaped like a rotating arrow).
    6. Select the 'FilmAffinity.com (with IMDb.es)' scraper

This should if all goes well, update all your movies at once.

Try it on a small selection first otherwise (incase it goes wrong, u don't wanna have to wait forever on a large collection), you can just click on first movie, then hold down SHIFT key and click on another movie to select those two movies and all movies inbetween those. Or hold down CTRL key to add every movie you click on to your selection.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

What a great new!!!!!
    Thank you very much for your work. I´ll test your xml file tonight and will post the results.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Try the following:

1. Open Moving Pictures configuration
    2. Goto the first tab called 'Movie Manager'
    3. Highlight the first movie name in the listings box
    4. Hold down SHIFT key and then CTRL and then END (not letting go of any of the keys, result will be that 'All' movies will highlighted as blue)
    5. Click on the little down arrow on the green icon (shaped like a rotating arrow).
    6. Select the 'FilmAffinity.com (with IMDb.es)' scraper

This should if all goes well, update all your movies at once.

Try it on a small selection first otherwise (incase it goes wrong, u don't wanna have to wait forever on a large collection), you can just click on first movie, then hold down SHIFT key and click on another movie to select those two movies and all movies inbetween those. Or hold down CTRL key to add every movie you click on to your selection.

i just did that with all my collection, took like 15 min but the imdb was not filled after it finished.

To get it filled in, it is necessary to use the "down green arrow" to "send to importer".

but dont get me wrong, im not complaining :p

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom