Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (3 Viewers)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus

I finally did a backup of my old database and started a new one.

The imdb part works very good, coverart is downloaded where before it wasnt.

However, something strange occured. No "summary" was downloaded. All the other information is there but the description of the movie is not downloaded in any case.

if i use the original filmaffinity scraper it does fill in the summary field.

example filename:

"60 segundos.avi"

first use your new version. check everything is correct but no summary info. then send it to the importer using the round green button but selecting old filmaffinity scraper.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

To get it filled in, it is necessary to use the "down green arrow" to "send to importer".

I forgot, that trick only works when you edit the FilmAffinity scraper script directly inside the movingpictures.db3 database, because the movie details are linked to the original scraper used during the initial import. So sending it back to be re-imported is the only way to use a different scraper then I guess. Ohh well, was worth a try.

However, something strange occured. No "summary" was downloaded. All the other information is there but the description of the movie is not downloaded in any case.

This is very weird, because I did not change anything to the FilmAffinity code part. I only added the imdb_id section which has nothing to do with the summary. I did reformat LFalk's code so that I could read the syntax flow easier, so perhaps I messed up somewhere. Will get back to ya.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

I finally did a backup of my old database and started a new one.

The imdb part works very good, coverart is downloaded where before it wasnt.

example filename:

"60 segundos.avi"

first use your new version. check everything is correct but no summary info. then send it to the importer using the round green button but selecting old filmaffinity scraper.

I have exactly the same problem. The field "summary" is empty. There are some movies that have been catched by alpacine script that does have the summary information and have not workart.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I got a fresh copy of the original FilmAffinity scraper and compared it with mine, and there was a difference in a few Regular Expressions, one of which relates to the summary. So a few of those special characters didn't copy over properly, most likely a Unicode to UTF-8 copy and paste problem when I initially began work on this. Should be all fixed now, but let me know :D

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I got a fresh copy of the original FilmAffinity scraper and compared it with mine, and there was a difference in a few Regular Expressions, one of which relates to the summary. So a few of those special characters didn't copy over properly, most likely a Unicode to UTF-8 copy and paste problem when I initially began work on this. Should be all fixed now, but let me know :D

Ok, thank you again. Feel free to link script even you thought the problem is not fixed. I will be your betatester.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    after a little test I can confirm that this scraper is working now quite properly. Only few movies without artwork, and now all fields included summary are filled up correctly. The problems that could find I think are not related to this scrap but to the moving pictures pluging.

thank you very much Rochess for you work. Now that pluging for spanish people will be many more usefull.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is the added delay of getting the IMDb ID noticable?

Perhaps you wouldn't mind backing up your database, clear it and then run a full import on your entire collection with the FilmAffinity scraper while timing it with a stopwatch, clear database again and re-run a full import with this one. Then please report on here how much time each import took. Only 'time' the auto-approval results (watch the little green bar), and do not try to manually approve anything as that would skew with the timings.

If the delay is hardly an impact on a sizable collection, then perhaps this scraper could be made default for the Spanish language.

:D

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    new scraper version is working for summary correctly.

I will try to do the timing test but I would recommend this scraper even if it takes longer. the benefits are totally worth it, plus the delay does not appear to be significant. (specially when only not the whole collection is to be imported.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom