Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (1 Viewer)

Roberman

Portal Member
February 9, 2010
Home Country
Spain Spain
New version 1.0.7

Changes:
- Fixed problems with some genres that have spaces and simbols in their name ("Ciencia-Ficción", "Película de culto").
- Covers can now be download.

There is still problems with some covers, some movies in FilmAffinity don´t have big covers, just a little image (Ej: "Apolo 13"). I don´t know what to do with this movies, the options are:
- Leave them and search the cover manually
- Modify the scraper so it can retrieve that little image (i supose that little images just look wrong on screen)
- Modify the scraper so it can retrieve images from others websites (i am not sure if this can be done)

any ideas?

Attachments

• FilmAffinity (IMDb.es) v1.0.7.xml
    30.7 KB

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    nice work roberman.

using your script + using the addition to the noise filter... \s?\[Spanish.+?\]|\s?\[\D+\]|

i get very good results on autoapproval. around 70% of the movies are autoapproved (in reckless mode)

as to your question, i prefer a small image than no image. so i guess using the small image would be the first step as i guess its the easier. optimum would be to retreive the image from another source with higher quality.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    btw, i have notice that if the year of the movie is not correct in the filename, then it will not find the movie at all.

i have tried the advance option "year outapprove distance" to set it to 3 instead of 1. but does not work.

example: filename:

El Crepusculo De Summer [DVDRIP][Spanish][2010][newpct.com].avi

the movie is actually from 2009 so it will not find it. but if you change the number to 2009 it will find it.

any chances of fixing this in the scraper???

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    New version 1.0.7

Changes:
    - Fixed problems with some genres that have spaces and simbols in their name ("Ciencia-Ficción", "Película de culto").

There is still problems with some covers, some movies in FilmAffinity don´t have big covers, just a little image (Ej: "Apolo 13"). I don´t know what to do with this movies, the options are:
    - Modify the scraper so it can retrieve that little image (i supose that little images just look wrong on screen)
    - Modify the scraper so it can retrieve images from others websites (i am not sure if this can be done)

any ideas?

Very good news that more people involved trying to make the spanish scraper work properly. Movingpictures is a very nice pluging but it is a pitty very few movies with spanish
    titlle are cataloged properly.

I will give a try to your scraper tonight an report results.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    New version 1.0.7

Changes:

any ideas?

Very good news that more people involved trying to make the spanish scraper work properly. Movingpictures is a very nice pluging but it is a pitty very few movies with spanish
    titlle are cataloged properly.

I will give a try to your scraper tonight an report results.

I have made some test and the scrapper still don´t work properly. There are many films without cover art and many other with summary field empty.

Roberman

Portal Member
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i have notice that if the year of the movie is not correct in the filename, then it will not find the movie at all.

To be honest, I have only look into the "get details" of the scraper :sorry: I have all my movies well-named in the old fashion way (thats renaming the files one by one as I download them) so I have not to worry about finding the correct title.
    If I fix the covers problem and finish some other ideas that I have, I will try to look into this, but i can´t promise.

There are many films without cover art and many other with summary field empty.

As I state in 1.0.7 there is a problem with movies that don´t have big poster images in filmaffinity. If filmaffinity don´t have big image for a movie, the scraper can not download any image. I will try to look into this and make that at least the scraper can download that little image.

I can not say for the summary, I have run some test and I did not encounter any problem.
    Can you post some titles that present that summary problem (and the logs from MP) so franky52 or me can look into this?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i have notice that if the year of the movie is not correct in the filename, then it will not find the movie at all.

To be honest, I have only look into the "get details" of the scraper :sorry: I have all my movies well-named in the old fashion way (thats renaming the files one by one as I download them) so I have not to worry about finding the correct title.
    If I fix the covers problem and finish some other ideas that I have, I will try to look into this, but i can´t promise.

fforde has said in another post that it might be a moving pictures bug the fact that if you change the "year distance setting" it does not take it into account.

so maybe when he fixes it, everything will be solved. i need to find time to make proper bug report for it.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    rochess or Roberman....

is it possible to disable the year when looking up the title on the filmaffinity ???

i have tried most of my movies without year and they are parsed correctly, and as some filenames contain wrong year, i dont get them found.

so can i omit the year in the query??? is it possible to get a new xml without the year part, just to test???

thanks a lot !!!!

Roberman

Portal Member
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    is it possible to disable the year when looking up the title on the filmaffinity ???

Yes, it is posible, but not a good idea. The year is a very good piece of information needed to have perfect matches. In my case i have 100% matches of my entire (normal movies) collection (but it is true that i have all my files well named and with the right year).

Your problem is a bit personal, your problem is that you have wrong years in your files names. I say the best way to solve this problem is put the right year for each movie in the files, or not put year at all.

But i think there is a solution for you. Instead of modify the scraper for this particular "problem", you can modify the noise filter.
    The noise filter is a regular expresion that clear the file name of the caracters you don´t want, in this case the year.

In the faq there is a section (Advanced settings: Using Noise Filer to clean up filenames) that explain this.
    I will give you a direction to work... in the noise filter add this sentence:

Code:
    |\s\(\d{4}\)

this will strip from your filename the years of 4 digits (with a space before) like (1994) (2005)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom