Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (1 Viewer)

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    A alguien más le está pasando que últimamente con este scrapper la importación de datos se hace muy muy lenta? Si añado 4 o 5 de golpe, la espera se hace larga, en serio.

No se si habrán cambiado algo en filmafinitty o que, pero vamos, que si entro a la web, me funciona como siempre, y ya lo he probado desde dos equipos distintos.

Saludos.

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo, no se que habrá pasado pero lo que antes eran segundos ahora son minutos.

CATRonin

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Pues si, es una pesadilla. El otro día migre a 1.2 y quería hacer la base de datos de nuevo, y bueno, la colección es de unas 1400 películas y desistí a los 10 minutos.

Total, que volqué la db3 y los thumbs y mi gozo en un pozo.

Saludos.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Alguien sabe si pasa algo con el scraper, porque lleva 2 días que no me funciona, simplemente no encuentra ninguna película. Es mundo tu extraño

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Alguien sabe si pasa algo con el scraper, porque lleva 2 días que no me funciona, simplemente no encuentra ninguna película. Es mundo tu extraño

I put all my focus towards IMDb+ that has Spanish language support via IMDb.es website.

If FilmAffinity.com still offers much better Spanish support, then I could add that to IMDb+.

So just let me know.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

I put all my focus towards IMDb+ that has Spanish language support via IMDb.es website.

If FilmAffinity.com still offers much better Spanish support, then I could add that to IMDb+.

So just let me know.

Thank you RoChess for your prompt reply. So I must understand that IMDB+ is a scrapper that already comes inside Moving Pictures plugin? Yesterday I set the pluging in automatic Spanish language and no movie at all was auto-approved even putting the auto approval rate to low. I was very happy with filmaffinity scrapper, is it possible to make it work again?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thank you RoChess for your prompt reply. So I must understand that IMDB+ is a scrapper that already comes inside Moving Pictures plugin? Yesterday I set the pluging in automatic Spanish language and no movie at all was auto-approved even putting the auto approval rate to low. I was very happy with filmaffinity scrapper, is it possible to make it work again?

No, IMDb+ is a seperate plugin that adds the IMDb+ scraper-script to Moving-Pictures (with automatic update system) and offers a lot of additional options. Spanish support is included by a language file that allows you to control the IMDb+ plugin in Spanish, as well as actual language support via imdb.es website in regards to titles/plots/etc.

The most coveted feature of IMDb+ is movie-series grouping by renaming their titles, so you get:
    • The Hobbit I: An Unexpected Journey
    • The Hobbit II: The Desolation of Smaug
    • The Hobbit III: There and Back Again
    This currently only works with English titles as a result, so keep that in mind. This is all customizable via options, you can disable the system and use Spanish titles on everything (if imdb.es has them), use a combination of English series-titles and Spanish titles for the rest, or go full English on titles. The plot/etc stuff will still be in Spanish then if IMDb.es website has the info for it. There is an additional option then to use English info if none exists. I am working on making this work with foreign title support, but it is a major rewrite and I'm failing bad at trying to find the time for this at the moment (hoping for time around Christmas).

What I suggested is that I could add FilmAffinity support to IMDb+ in obtaining the info for plot/summary/tagline, fallback to IMDb.es if none exists and finally fallback to English if the user prefers to have anything over nothing (default setting is to show nothing).

Or you can keep using this modified FilmAffinity scraper, which somebody else modified after me to keep up with the website changes going on.

It is open-source for a reason, use whatever makes you happy :)

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

No, IMDb+ is a seperate plugin that adds the IMDb+ scraper-script to Moving-Pictures (with automatic update system) and offers a lot of additional options. Spanish support is included by a language file that allows you to control the IMDb+ plugin in Spanish, as well as actual language support via imdb.es website in regards to titles/plots/etc.

The most coveted feature of IMDb+ is movie-series grouping by renaming their titles, so you get:
    • The Hobbit I: An Unexpected Journey
    • The Hobbit II: The Desolation of Smaug
    • The Hobbit III: There and Back Again
    This currently only works with English titles as a result, so keep that in mind. This is all customizable via options, you can disable the system and use Spanish titles on everything (if imdb.es has them), use a combination of English series-titles and Spanish titles for the rest, or go full English on titles. The plot/etc stuff will still be in Spanish then if IMDb.es website has the info for it. There is an additional option then to use English info if none exists. I am working on making this work with foreign title support, but it is a major rewrite and I'm failing bad at trying to find the time for this at the moment (hoping for time around Christmas).

What I suggested is that I could add FilmAffinity support to IMDb+ in obtaining the info for plot/summary/tagline, fallback to IMDb.es if none exists and finally fallback to English if the user prefers to have anything over nothing (default setting is to show nothing).

Or you can keep using this modified FilmAffinity scraper, which somebody else modified after me to keep up with the website changes going on.

It is open-source for a reason, use whatever makes you happy :)

I had any new about this plugin, it sound really good I going to give that plugin a try. Thank you very much.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have tested imdb+ scrapper and perhaps is the best plugin for english people but for Spanish people still needs a little of work. Very few movies has the description in Spanish and for me is important that everything will be in Spanish. furthermore from a total of 119 movies, four have not been found at all. I think filmaffinity has more information in Spanish.

Thank you, I will follow the development of Imdb+ scrapper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom