Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Very few movies has the description in Spanish

Yes, this is what I was afraid of, because IMDb.es only contains the info if Spanish users contribute them.

This usually is not an issue for new releases, such as: http://www.imdb.es/title/tt1345836/ but it poses a problem for older ones.

If only more Spanish users sign up and contribute to the IMDb website :)

Looks like I have to bail my ideas on integrating FilmAffinity into IMDb+ as well. Reason being is that the main "search movie" section of IMDb+ is based on IMDb website. Once a movie match has been found, then a link to another website using the IMDb tt-ID is used to integrate, but FilmAffinity does not offer that. Then it would be down to what is called a 'fuzzy match', where you try to find a match at the other website without any user interaction. This is actually what the FilmAffinity scraper does right now, but tends to be unreliable. The worst it can do in FilmAffinity case is get the wrong fanart image so it will not be as devistating as the other way around where it could result in the wrong summary/etc.

Added it to my checklist to look into it later to see if there is anyway to link the IMDb.es movies with FilmAffinity.com ones or if some alternative Spanish movie site exists that already does so (open to suggestions).

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Very few movies has the description in Spanish

Yes, this is what I was afraid of, because IMDb.es only contains the info if Spanish users contribute them.

This usually is not an issue for new releases, such as: http://www.imdb.es/title/tt1345836/ but it poses a problem for older ones.

If only more Spanish users sign up and contribute to the IMDb website :)

Looks like I have to bail my ideas on integrating FilmAffinity into IMDb+ as well. Reason being is that the main "search movie" section of IMDb+ is based on IMDb website. Once a movie match has been found, then a link to another website using the IMDb tt-ID is used to integrate, but FilmAffinity does not offer that. Then it would be down to what is called a 'fuzzy match', where you try to find a match at the other website without any user interaction. This is actually what the FilmAffinity scraper does right now, but tends to be unreliable. The worst it can do in FilmAffinity case is get the wrong fanart image so it will not be as devistating as the other way around where it could result in the wrong summary/etc.

Added it to my checklist to look into it later to see if there is anyway to link the IMDb.es movies with FilmAffinity.com ones or if some alternative Spanish movie site exists that already does so (open to suggestions).

Thank you very much for your explanation, you have a hard work to do. I wish you luck ;)

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    Hi,
    Since some days ago scrapper is not getting cover art nor backdrop when movie without .nfo file (so no tt id) is searched. If .nfo file exists or after automatic search you provide tt id manually, all works perfect. Seems something is wrong when searching for tt id in imdb, so something has changed in imdb. Any idea?
    thanks.
    ------------------
    Hola,
    Desde hace algunos dias el scrapper no esta encontrando la caratula ni el brackdop cuando la pelicula no tiene asociada un fichero .nfo (por tanto sin el tt id). Si el fichero .nfo existe o tras la busqueda automatica indicamos el tt id manualmente todo funciona bien. Parece que algo falla al ir a buscar el tt id en imdb, por lo que algo habra cambiado en el imdb. ¿alguna idea?
    gracias.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    What a headache man... :) Regex is not one of my best habilities...

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Done... (o_O)

Please test and report back if any issue.

BTW, If you leave it alone for movie details, alone with themoviedb.org for covers, and themoviedb.org for backdrops, I would say it's pretty quick again... For those who reported slowness some time ago.

PD: Thanks RoChess for regexps adaptations for IMDb search page. All merits for you man.

Attachments

• FilmAffinity.com (IMDb.es) 1.1.3.xml
      18.2 KB
    Last edited:

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Done... (o_O)

Please test and report back if any issue.

BTW, If you leave it alone for movie details, alone with themoviedb.org for covers, and themoviedb.org for backdrops, I would say it's pretty quick again... For those who reported slowness some time ago.

PD: Thanks RoChess for regexps adaptations for IMDb search page. All merits for you man.

Thank you very much peque. I will test tonight and post results. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom