Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (3 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    PD: Thanks RoChess for regexps adaptations for IMDb search page. All merits for you man.

You are welcome. It used to look like some Alien language from a sci-fi movie, but once I saw the light and noticed it can all be broken down to small elements, it actually became usable for me. Now I use it at so many different places that I wondered why I ignored it for so long before :cool:

slas

Portal Member
    April 17, 2009
    Hello, i've been little busy,
    I tested my script after long time, and doesn't work. I see the new version but this don't work for me. For this reason i modified my script and I put here another time. I don't test the peque script so much. I present my how alternative.

Attachments

• FilmAffinity (IMDb.es) v1.3.0_sense_vots_filmaffinity.xml
      18.1 KB
    Last edited:

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Good to see you're back on track... :)

My mod is working as fas as I can see. If you've got any problem and have time to report details... feel free to do it!

bye! Adeu amic! :)

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    Peque:
    In some movies new scrapper v1.1.3 is not able to find covers, backdrops or none of them even they are in themoviedb and the film is in imdb. No pattern found. Sometimes nfo file is present and sometimes not.
    For instance:
    "The paperboy" including imdb id number. It doesnt matter if the name is in spanish.
    any idea?
    By the way, are we all catalano-valencian speakers? ;)

adeu.

Last edited:

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes. I saw this in "Tadeo Jones" also... No idea what's changed, but I only fixed the imdb number retrieval... I can't see themoviedb.org backdrop retrieval code, as it's internal.

And yes... at least me. I'm catalan.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MovPic will retrieve the artworks via cover and backdrop-nodes if you at scraper-script level in details-node properly inserted the IMDb tt-ID.

So just check to make sure that there is an ID inserted. The "Movie Details" tab allows you to view this by selecting a movie and then look at the "IMDb ID" field.

If one shows, then you most likely had (or have) connection issues with TheMovieDb website. This will show up in your movingpictures.log file in greater detail, but there really is not much you can do about it. The only exception being that when you import too many things at once that it can cause the problems for some users, so lowering the threads helps. This is under MovPic advanced settings and default is 5 threads. Changing this to 3 has helped a lot of users still retain a good speed on mass-importing a lot of movies, but lowering or even completly removing the timeout problems to all the websites used to obtain the info from.

MovPic does retry to find missing artwork each time it launches, so eventually overtime missing artwork is found, but adjusting your settings to slow things down a bit might give a more enjoyable experience.

Or you have a problem in your scraper-script. Now I actually wrote the fuzzy match IMDb tt-ID lookup originally and a lot has changed at IMDb website on their search system. You should be able to look at the search-node for IMDb+ scraper-script to see how I solved most issues in fixing search system, so if you indeed have troubles with finding IMDb tt-ID after a FilmAffinity match has been found, then show me a scraper-script debug enabled movingpictures.log file that contains the info I need on a faulty import.

But first check to see if that is where it goes wrong, cuz right now TMDB site is not running very smooth, so I got a feeling you obtain the correct IMDb tt-ID just fine, but that the request to obtain the artwork times out.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    That could be RoChess, because what I'm sure is that my last 1.1.3 script retrieves de imdb id just right... I didn't see any connection problem in log, though... I'll look at it again.

bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom