Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (3 Viewers)

CATRonin

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Thank you RoChess.

I try the new version this weekend.

Again, thank u.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Working RoChess. Thanks a lot. Also ttid is retrieved again (it wasn't able to do it last times).

Thanks a lot.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Are there any tools to program a scraper or i have to do manually?

Manual, but here is how:
    The only 'tough' part really is the regular expressions, the rest is relative easy if you have any type of programming experience.

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    Ok, all fixed, use 1st post to grab it.

Only tested it on "Avatar.avi" and it was able to find a match via search system on FilmAffinity, get all the details, and then use IMDb.com new website system to locate a match to get the IMDb tt-ID and certification info.
    • Removed 'language' support, because IMDb stopped supporting it in Spanish
    • Added Studio support, so you can now create filters and have say a category with just "Disney" movies
    If there is an obvious bug, then I will fix it, but be sure to give me the exact filename that you try to import then, so I can replicate the problem properly.

Wonderful RoChess!, I think we should invite you a beer. :)
    I've noticed that if the original film is nor spanish neither english, then the scraper is not able to find the cover nor the backdrop in themoviedb.org.
    I think the way is composed the alternate title is affecting it. For instance can you try "Everlasting moments"?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've noticed that if the original film is nor spanish neither english, then the scraper is not able to find the cover nor the backdrop in themoviedb.org.

That is side effect of doing a fuzzy search at IMDb at the very end without FilmAffinity providing this info. It is not always possible to make it work without user-interaction (which is not possible at that point). You can always solve this by providing an IMDb tt-ID into the filename, but not sure if the FilmAffinity scraper-script was designed to 'save' this data, if not then I could modify it to do so, so you at least have a manual way to force it on the more diffifcult titles.

But I will also try "Everlasting moments.avi" to see if I can find something obvious.

[Edit], yes, in the end the fuzzy search uses the FilmAffinity title that was confirmed auto or after user interaction, and IMDb is unable to locate that movie. As in: http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Los momentos eternos de Maria Larssons

So I can adjust the FilmAffinity scraper to support: "Everlasting moments (tt0961066).avi", and that it copies the IMDb tt-ID over. Need to know if there is enough support for this. The other alternative is to user-contribute the Spanish title to IMDb so that the search will not come up empty.

Last edited:

llambion

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2009
    Oviedo
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Are there any tools to program a scraper or i have to do manually?

Manual, but here is how:
    The only 'tough' part really is the regular expressions, the rest is relative easy if you have any type of programming experience.

Thanks for your advice. I'll read the reference and i'll try to make a scraper.

CATRonin

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Confirmed.

Works fine for me.

Thanks again men.

Regards.

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    Hi Rochess.
    I just noticed that summary field is not loading information from filmaffinity. It should be filled with "sinopsis" info.
    Its just me or is a lack of the 2.0.1 version?
    Perhaps something has changed in filmaffinity since last big change.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom