SPDIF and analog stereo at the same time (1 Viewer)

mail_dkmaste

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hallo

Is there a codec, that can output "SPDIF" and "analog stereo" at the same time?

I have a TV with HDMI + SPDIF sound, and a LCD screen with a analog "jack in",
    I need a codec or tweak, to Windows, what handle those to output at the same time!

My sound card is a Realtek HD audio, with SPDIF and analog "jack" out!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

I also have a second sound card ATI HDMI sound,,, is there a tweak or program to Windows
    that can handle to sound card?? Maybe a sound mixer??

Pascal

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    IJsselmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I have a soundmax (onboard) audio card. Using directsound as output, gives audio at both spdif and analog out (attached to computer speakers) simultanously. So what I am saying is, maybe it is related to the audio card / driver in stead of the codec.

Pascal

Dann

Portal Member
    September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi!

Here is some info:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/switch_audio_config_within_mp-t31424.html?t=31424&highlight=spdif+analog

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/simultaniously_audo_both_speaker_and_spdiv-t27312.html?t=27312&highlight=spdif+analog

...since now i did not heard that analog and spdif out will work at the same time on any soundcard. I have myself an onboard soundmax too - i'll try that.
    However now i'm about to build a new HTPC, so i wonder if spdif out from the onboard sound and the sound from HDMI output of an ATI HD 2600 pro will work at the same time? Can anyone please confirm this?

THX in advance!

Pascal

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    IJsselmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Dann,

Just checked it with for example myRadio. I use the ffdshow codec and when I put in the output like my attachment, I do have sound on both spdif and my computer speakers (analog out). Maybe worth a try for you.

Pascal

Attachments

• ffdshow.PNG
      ffdshow.PNG
      35.6 KB

uncertainty

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2007
    NYC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Dann,

Just checked it with for example myRadio. I use the ffdshow codec and when I put in the output like my attachment, I do have sound on both spdif and my computer speakers (analog out). Maybe worth a try for you.

Pascal

This configuration might only work in windows XP because in Vista my realtek audio driver configuration allows either analog or digital as the default and overrides the ffdshow settings.

Pascal

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    IJsselmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi uncertainly,

True, it only works in XP. In Vista I got separate direct sound devices for spdif and analog out, so only one works at a time then.

Pascal

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have XP, and tha configuration doesn't work on my HTPC. I've got only Spdif sound, none analog sound

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

my core-problem is the same. i want to output stereo through my ati hdmi sound device to my tv and -at least- ac3 and dts through spdif of my onboard sound device. in this case i have two devices!

i have read many threads about this problem but there was no definite answer whether if it works or doesnt work.

is there any solution available?

thx in advance

mail_dkmaste

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Still having problems!

I don't believe there is any solution available!

I have tryed a lot of codec, with the same problem, then spdif AC3, there is no AC97 (analogue) sound!

I have to soundcard, one with spdif (AC3) and AC97 out and one only with spdif, in my mediacenter, but Windows only handles one.

::: Now I have to switch codec then i'm using spdif AC3

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how do you do that? do you use a script/batch or are you changing these settings manually via the mp-configuration?

a script/batch which changes the default directsound device in windows would be an ease.
    or changing the selected audio renderer/decoder within he mp configuration...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom